Monday, December 16, 2013

Review of 2013 (yes, it is almost over!)

2013 Goals
1) Lose 10 pounds - Done from April to October I lost those pounds (we'll ignore the weight I just gained on vacation! LOL)

 2) Sign Presley up for full time daycare/preschool either in June or September (we'll see how her attitude is and if my mother is willing to deal with her all summer! LOL) - she started in June and finally stopped crying at drop off in September, she loves it now!

 3) Sign Presley up for soccer or dance. She loves gymnastics but I think she need something additional to help burn off some energy. - soccer was a disaster, cheer wasn't all that great either (she participated in about half the classes) and she has decided that she doesn't want to go anymore. I don't want to force her.

 4) Take Piper to waterbaby classes like we did with Presley! - Oops!

5) Payoff off the Equinox and my student loans (it's a stretch to do both this year but we can try!) Equinox was paid off this summer, student loans I will be making my last payment this month! Woohoo!

6) Limit my time on the computer while the girls are awake! I think both Steve and I need to work on this and I think as the weather gets nicer it will be easier to get out of the house and not be tempted to turn on the computer all the time. - I'm not sure there is a good way to measure this. I did give up Facebook for Lent, but other than that I can't say either one of us is very good about getting off the computer when they are awake, so I don't really feel that I can cross this one off my list. But this is going to be a continuous goal for us into 2014.

7) Limit the amount of overtime I work. I actually did a good job of NOT over doing the overtime this year, with being prego and the house and preschool, it was just a crazy summer filled with appointments and places to be. Though I am thankful to have my job, I have to remain focused on my family. I will not give up every night or weekends for work. This is hard sometimes when my desk is overflowing and people are screaming or crying b/c they won't have a place to live if I don't get their loan approved YESTERDAY. - Well since overtime wasn't really offered too much this year, I guess I was able to accomplish this! However, it appears this next year we'll be busier so I might have to add this to 2014 goals!

8) Donate blood. This is on my life list but really shouldn't be that hard for me to do. I just need to do it! - Oh yeah! I did it, and it was simple and easy. This has been on my life list also and then when my friend Colleen needed blood with the birth of her son, I knew this was the perfect opportunity to give back!
 
Six for eight, that isn't too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment