Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas!

So we have to work this week, I choose to take the Thursday after Thanksgiving off instead of Christmas Eve b/c we never really do anything anyway and I know there are alot of other people who travel for the holidays that want it off. So I work, it's not so bad since we are busy (with half of our staff on vacation!) and the days go by quickly. We were lucky enough to get off an hour early on Tuesday, so we ordered pizza for dinner and just played for hours downstairs! We tried to get the girls to sleep early, so that Santa could come......however, Presley told us she was happy Piper the Elf was no longer coming back b/c that meant that she could cry and throw fits! Guess she wasn't worried about if Santa was coming or not! I'm not sure Piper the Elf had the right effect on her! LOL!
 
This morning they were up about 7:30, earlier than we would've liked but we'll take it! Presley has been asking for a scooter and a baby doll for Christmas so Presley got her pink scooter from Santa!
and her baby doll from us! Piper got a matching one in a green dress. P was excited that she now has 2 American Girl dolls....little does she know, neither one of her 'nice' dolls are American Girl!
They opened up the rest of their Santa gifts and played, then we got ready and headed over to my parents for Christmas. I was determined to get our family picture taken, so we did it right away before we would forget!
Grandma and Pa with Presley and Piper
Piper loves animals and got this cute little zebra from Sam and fam!
P got this bracelet making kit (you know with about 3000 beads) she loves it. Notice the Christmas pony tail thing, the headband and the barrette she has on her head. She likes a little of everything!
My daddy got us all crown......crowns for his princesses! :)
I got us cute matching Packers shirts!
and my daddy, we got a once in a lifetime exotic car high speed ride along experience in Kansas City, he was more than excited!
We played some game, ate alot of food (which seems to be a these with our family), drank a lot, laughed alot and were home by 7 to get the kiddos to bed since we do have to work tomorrow! I think we had a great day and I think the kiddos did too! I think we do a pretty good job of NOT going overboard with the gifts so that they don't get TOO spoiled. I figured we are going to spend minimal money now while they are still too young to really realize! And really that is NOT the meaning of Christmas anyway!
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and were able to spend time with their families, like we did ours! Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment