Monday, December 9, 2013

Home Sweet Home

 
Of course we come back to chilly temperatures and SNOW! Everyone slept late on Sunday morning, I was the first one up at 8:15 but the other three didn't get up until 9:30! Steve took Presley to Target for our grocery shopping and to get presents for the double birthday party that she had that afternoon!
Once the got home from the store the snow had piled up and she was ready to get out in it!
Steve pulled her around the yard and they went sledding down the hill on the side of the house, which looks pretty fun and I might have to try it out sometime this year!
and she was obsessed with eating the snow!
Then I took her to her double birthday party for two kids in her preschool class at Monkey Joes! She did pretty good playing and having fun. She did not like Monkey Joe though, she cried when he came in the room and really, I don't blame her!
 
I decided I had to get our pictures taken for Christmas cards to be sent out! I'm so behind this year! We just take them ourselves b/c it is just quicker and easier, especially when you don't know what they heck they are going to act like!
In the process of trying to get them to smile, Steve got them laughing hysterically!
Needless to say, these pictures will NOT be on the Christmas cards! LOL!
 
Today I took the day off to give my mom another day without the kids! Presley went to preschool and I took Piper with me to work just to make sure my badge still worked to get into the parking ramp, then we did a Target run (b/c it has been over 2 weeks since I have been there!). We came home, did some cleaning, some organizing, some laundry and enjoyed a little time with my baby girl!
 
We also had our first visit from our Elf on the Shelf...who Presley has named Piper. Real original huh? She wouldn't budge, so Piper our Elf has been introduced. Presley was really not interested, so we'll see how the next couple days go and see if she gets into it or not.
 
Steve hasn't been feeling good tonight, he worked outside all day and then just went downhill once he got home. Then I got a text from my mom that she is sick too! So at this point I'll be extending my vacation one more day! Though if Steve is feeling better, this will be my last day of vacation and I get to jump back into reality of work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment