Monday, December 23, 2013

Blur

Man, where has last week gone?! Presley was 'student of the week at preschool', we really had no idea what this meant but she got to take pictures to school and show and tell items during the week, by Thursday she was done with it and didn't want to take anything more. I think they make her get up in front of the class and talk about her toy and she probably didn't want to do that anymore! LOL! Monday night I was lucky enough to get a copy of a book that one of my friends is in the process of writing and you know what I did on Tuesday night? I was up until midnight reading that thing! LOL!
I had my late nights last Monday and Wednesday. Finally Wednesday our Christmas cards were ready at Costco, so I got off work at 7, ran to Costco, got home about 8, then helped get both girls to sleep, ate dinner and spent from 9-10 on the cards (with the help of Steve, looking up addresses, and sealing envelopes).
Friday we actually went out to eat. The past two times have just been stressful and left us wondering why we even bothered....this time was much better. Buffalo Wild Wings, food the kids liked, loud enough to drown out Pipers screaming and enough TV's to keep both of them occupied!
 
Saturday morning I got up at the butt crack of dawn and went to work. I got home about 11 and then Steve headed to the grocery store. Presley and I made banana bread (this girl LOVES banana bread!), then we made Christmas cookies for Santa! She was a such a big help and like I said before, she is just proud of herself and everything she does. It's so cute!
Then b/c it was cold and the weather was going to get crappy we stayed inside and wrestled, had a tickle fight and had fun!
My babies
After dinner and bath time we did a gingerbread house! Well.....Steve and Presley did. She is very particular, she gets that from her daddy!
So proud!
Sunday Presley slept in until 9:30! But then she was anxious to decorate our cookies!
or eat frosting and sprinkles!
Every cookie she decorated she would take over and show Steve 'look at my snowman daddy!'
Then we headed over to my parents for the Packer game. We won't talk about the outcome. But another good family Sunday together!
 
We haven't talked much about Miss Piper the Elf, but she has been around. Here and there, hanging around. I think we are all trying to get used to each other. Presley is not 100% on board but she does look forward to finding her every morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment