Sunday, October 27, 2013

Weekend

Our weekend of minimal plans ended pretty good (I passed up a baby shower, we decided to NOT do Night Eyes or Living History Farms with the girls)! Good kids, good naps, good nights sleep and got plenty of done around the house with lots of playing!
I finally got P to smile for the camera again....this is her 'cheerleader' pose. I think she did a good job!
Miss Piper has taken a liking to books these days, especially if there are animals in them!
Saturday we really didn't do much (Piper didn't get out of her pj's). A trip to the grocery store for Steve and P. A trip to Target for me and P (which ended with her laying on the floor near the registers b/c she didn't want leave. I stood there watching her while the cashier and 'guest's' laughed at her. Another proud parenting moment!)
Other than that, we did laundry, cleaned, organized, Steve got stuff done in the garage (including mowing the yard and of course, power washing the mower!).
Today we decided to carve our pumpkins! Originally Piper and Presley were just going to use markers on theirs and we were going to carve our big ones.
But....this is the first year Presley has agreed to stick her hand inside the pumpkin, so we decided to 'carve' all of them. I was so proud of her! This is as close as Piper would get, she was not interested!
Over the last three years we have found that it is SO much easier with power tools! Even I got the drill out for my pumpkin (with a little yelling from Steve b/c  I didn't know what I was doing, ya think?) We did make it easy and do polka dot type patterns, but I think they will turn out alright!
This evening we made our way to mom's house for the Packer game. It's the night game so we knew we wouldn't be staying for it, but my Uncle Dave from Colorado was in town so we wanted to see him, socialize, hang out and eat food! It was a good weekend, with minimal plans! Nice since the next three nights are full of me working, cheer practice and trick or treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment