Friday, October 18, 2013

Week in review

Saying no....that is what I'm trying to do. Too many things I commit to and too many things I want to do and be a part of. So I'm trying to pick and choose what we are doing, what we really want to do, what we need to do and plan ahead. I think as you become a parent, planning becomes more and more critical to your overall success and sanity.

Monday was my 10-7 work day. Nice to have some time with Piper in the morning before work, not so nice when I get home and the chaos of calming down and getting kids to bed is in process.
Tuesday Presley had cheer, she once again did a little more than the week before. She really does like it and comes home and does all her 'cheers' for us with no problem. She is a little more shy in front of people but I think she is coming out of that shell, slowly but surely.
Wednesday Steve worked a little late (which for him is 5:30), he got home in time for dinner and we had a nice night just the four of us hanging out. Piper was finally beginning to act like her old self again after her cold last week.

Yesterday we had Piper's pictures. Our stress of the last 3 weeks....you know $300 in outfits, two reschedules...I was ready for them to be over with. The weather actually turned out ok, Piper was pretty good. She did NOT want to be held at all! Presley was less than cooperative! She normally loves the camera, but maybe that is only for me! So we'll see if we got any good ones. One good one of Piper and a decent family picture and I'll be happy, that is all I can ask for at this point!
Afterwards we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner, this outing went much better than the last. Still kids that wouldn't really listen or behave, but we had no continuous screaming from Piper or crying for Presley....baby steps!

Today I was lucky enough to have lunch with my Stephen. He is working not too far from downtown so it was nice for me to just hop over and have lunch with him, we might have to do that again before he changes job sites!
I was supposed to have dinner with my friend Sarah tonight but she wasn't feeling good, which was ok, the week had been busy and the weekend is looking that way too, so it was ok to just come home and play.
Tonight Layla came down to play with Presley, I love it! I just love when she is social! I just think of her last year in preschool when she wouldn't speak. I think if she went back there now....it would be a totally different experience and they would see a totally different Presley.
Actually Steve and I have had conversations with the girls at preschool and they just love her. I know we hear this all the time but I think we are in shock and don't really believe it. They even said today that 'that it isn't even a question' if she is good and they have never seen her doing anything remotely bad!?! Steve asked if she participated and they said yes! She raises her hand to answer questions and everything!.....WHAT? MY CHILD? PRESLEY? I think I might have to ask for a video of this b/c I still don't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment