Monday, August 26, 2013

Blah Blah

 - So Steve's step-sister got married on Saturday. We were invited and we never really even thought about going. He isn't close to her (didn't even know her last name when I was tried to look up wedding registries!) and I've only met her three times in 10 years. However, we found out Saturday morning that we were the only ones of his family NOT going! OOPS! I'm sure she didn't miss us and didn't think twice about us not being there. I bought the card, how long before Steve signs it and mails it?
- Miss Piper was throwing peas on the floor tonight. She isn't a big fan of real vegetables yet, but we keep trying. I sternly said 'NO!' to her...she got so sad and started crying! I'm her momma and she is my sweet girl, I shouldn't tell her no! :)
- When Steve drops P off at preschool tomorrow he is going to ask about her teachers. We literally haven't seen either one of them in a week...since she started her 'senior' class. I'm guessing she is doing good, no news is good news right? The teachers in her last room were so welcoming and nice and just thought she was the sweetest thing but now I have no clue what is going on, how she is doing, if she is talking, participating. Hopefully this is just a temporary issue, if not guess I'll be emailing and be that obnoxious parent.
- Presley told me last week and the teacher said they have to wear sandals or tennis shoes but no flip flops (which is normally what she wears). I asked her why the teachers didn't tell the parents that and she said Miss Cheri was going to text message me! Sure! (but I guess since we don't see them, texting might be the best option!)
- I'm reading Divergent...thank you Holly for suggesting it. Super good! Three books in the series and there will be a movie next year. If you liked the Hunger Games...read this!
- So my dad and uncle were adopted when they were 8 years old. My dad has wanted nothing to do with his 'real' family since (besides his twin brother of course). I've never met any of them....well things happen, things change and after meeting one of his sisters earlier this year he decided that he'd open up a little. Well this weekend 7 of the 9 of them got together! I think this is so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment