Sunday, August 11, 2013

Weekend Update

So Saturday morning, we had our usual lay around morning. Piper and I napped and then Steve took her to the hospital to see his sister and I took P to the mall to waste some time and have spend some Presley/Mommy time together, which seems to be challenging these days to get pleasant time with her. I told her we'd have to look for new ears for her b/c the ones that she has aren't working very well.  She didn't hear me, I repeat myself and she just rolls her eyes at me.

That afternoon Steve took P to Brandon's campground and Piper and I had some time together. She is teething and has a cold and is just whiny...and of course, she wouldn't take an afternoon nap. So eventually we decided to join them at the camp site. It was fun! Piper was good for the most part, Presley was incredibly awesome! There were tons of kids for her to play with and she was more than happy to play (and talk!) to them! She answered questions from the other adults, she was helpful with the other little kids there...it was a breath of fresh air to watch her!
Though, I will say the 'camping' they do....is not quite my idea of camping. This is a step up from a hotel room. Four huge campers, a outdoor projection screen, an ice maker, 'camping' chairs that are just shy of being recliners. There are no tents, heck, there are no coolers...b/c each camper has an indoor AND outdoor refrigerator! (so now Steve has been on craigslist looking for campers!)

Today has been a pretty lazy day! We thought about going to the ICubs game but with high temperature we decided to skip it. So we did a lot of nothing, couple walks around the neighborhood, trip to the grocery store, Steve and P built a fort in the basement....Piper whined, I blogged and now here it is 8 pm. The house is still a mess, laundry still needs to be done and I really don't want to go to work tomorrow.

Before I left work on Wednesday we found out about some changes that were happening, which will include us taking on west coast business. Fine, but then the subject turns to requiring us to work 10-7 pm. Not happening. Sorry. I WILL NOT work those hours. So I'm not sure what is going to happen but if worse comes to worse, guess I'll be looking for a new job b/c those hours are not an option. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment