Monday, August 26, 2013

Weekend Update

We had decided that this house needed a serious cleaning. It was almost embarrassing how dirty and messy it was. We took turns in different rooms and went after it! Bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, all toys picked up, all things dusted, floors cleaned, laundry done, things half way organized! Feels good!
We had a last minute invite to a friends son's birthday party Saturday afternoon (sorry Aiden, you get no present from us!), they were grilling out so we decided to stop by even though we knew we wouldn't know anyone but them!  Steve and I worked with Brent at Von Maur and before that I actually worked with him at Dillards in Waterloo, we've basically remained in contact thru Facebook and his son just turned 5. It was fun! The girls were good and it wasn't too awkward not really knowing anyone!
After that we headed to the campground where some old coworkers Katie and Traci were camping with their family and friends! And there I ran into a guy that looked familiar...turns out I worked with him 10 years ago! It was fun to hang out with people that we don't normally see, the girls were fairly good. Presley got scared of Traci's dog and I don't blame her. The dog was as big as her and I'm sure could sense her fear. At one point P had a ball and wanted to play catch....but the dog went after the ball, totally playing but Presley was scared! I knew she wasn't going to get hurt but seeing her so scared like that was sad! So needless to say that started her breakdown and it was time for us to say goodbye and head home!

Sunday we did some more hanging out, Steve went to the grocery store, I went to Target, he made a good dinner and then of course, had a fantasy football draft. Overall a nice weekend! Not too busy and we got a lot done!
Here is some of the nonsense that goes on at our house. P trying 'nicely' to stop Piper from crawling past her.
I got the camera out to take pics of Miss Piper and Presley says "Mom, take my pic! Here is my nice smile!"
Miss Piper must crawl over, around, in and on anything and everything.
Piper is our little monster...the happiest little monster there is though!

No comments:

Post a Comment