Sunday, August 18, 2013

Iowa State Fair

Normally I love the state fair. I can't wait to go and I want to eat everything...however this year I just wasn't feeling it. Taking Presley would be fine but Piper is just a lot of work b/c she can't sit still, so I decided I needed to get over my own issues and we should just go. Friday night we headed out after work. The girls did good, we didn't eat as much as I wanted and I'm glad we went. I had one bite of a corn dog (that P finished), one mini donut (that P ate and then threw the rest away! I was not aware of what was going on or I would've stopped it), the fried pickle dog (the regular pickle dog is better), bacon wrapped riblets and then Steve got the shrimp dog (like a corndog but with shrimp).
We did some walking around, saw a couple things, Presley wanted to ride the rides (which we didn't do). We tried to listen to Firehouse play, Presley thought it was too loud but Piper loved it. Steve is teaching her how to 'rock and roll'...then she nods her head up and down like she is head-banging!
Presley actually agreed to get temporary tattoos this year! Last year she was too shy? scared? but this year, she wanted them! She got two UNI Panthers and one Hawkeye tattoo, now we have to convince her to scrub them off!
Overall we all did a good job. I wish we would've had more time and I wish I would've eaten a few more thousand calories. Oh well, there is always next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment