Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Weekend Update

Friday night we stayed in, it was rainy and gloomy and the perfect night to not to anything! We had another slumberparty in the basement, which I am completely over now b/c our kids are usually grouchy the next day.

Saturday morning we did sleep in until 8:45, I got up and worked out and then took Piper to the neighbors house for a playdate. Xander is in her class at Generation Next and lives a couple blocks over, they always get along so well and I love his mother April! Piper has been begging for a play date at their house, so I sent her a message and basically invited us over. It worked out that she was having a Cabi party that morning so I looked at clothes and they played.....for a very short while. Piper was scared of their big dog and was kind of grouchy, so we stayed for a little bit and then headed home.

After that Presley and I had a date to go shopping! The girls' closet is just sad these days and all her pants had holes in the knees, We headed to the mall and hit up Children's Place, Justice and Target and surprisingly Target was the only place that didn't have clothes on sale! :) She was hungry and grouchy when we left, so that made me unhappy and pissy but we got home and started getting ready for Sam, Scott and Boston to come over to hang out.

We had a great dinner, ate and drank and I got to hold baby Jordan some! Then Sam and I decided to head up to The Boathouse for a drink. A neighbor was having her 40th surprise birthday party there, so we joined for a couple hours then headed home and Steve and Scott headed up for an hour or so to say Happy Birthday too. When you don't have a babysitter, you compromise! :) It worked. They left way later than expected and the kids didn't get to sleep until after 11.

Sunday we did all sleep in until almost 9:30! And then I took Piper to a birthday party at Pump It Up!
There were only tears 3 times, once when she feel down in one of the bouncy things, I just don't think she knew what to expect but she had quick recovery and kept on playing.

 A lot of them did the 'tornado', which is basically just really high winds in this tiny little booth. I was hesitant to let her do it, but didn't want to discourage her. She did it with a smile......
 and then started crying....and b/c I'm a good mother, I took a picture of her misery.
But she recovered and went back to playing again. Even posed for pictures with her bff Paige, another Paige in her class and Ayla!
 The whole gang!
 It was a Troll party and the birthday girl's mom made this adorable Poppy headbands! (so full of glitter that I want to scream!)

After the party we went home and just did our normal weekend stuff, laundry, cleaning, grocery store. I worked out, the kids played, we painted nails and did baths and we all tried to get to bed early, which didn't work since they slept in so late that morning! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment