Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Weekend Update

Friday night we did alot of nothing, which was alot like most of our weekend. Steve met Scott out for drinks after work, they ended up coming back to our house about 11 pm and then were still in the basement talking and such until 1:30! Who are these men?? 
Steve ran to work Saturday morning, I worked out and then we did a late 'brunch' at Jethros in Ankeny. The girls don't like much of their normal food but they do like their breakfast, which they serve until 2 pm on the weekends (and we got there at 1:30!).
 
At 4:30 we had a birthday party for one of the neighborhood girls, Gianna. It was fun, the girls played so good with the kids there and most of the guys watched the Iowa State bball game while Sarah and I chatted.
That night we hung out in the basement, I started another puzzle and the girls watched movie with popcorn.
 
Sunday the girls were just aching for something messy to do, so they got the playdoh out! :) They can be SO creative and I just love it since I'm not!
Presley made me breakfast!
 and Piper made me toast, purple pizza and spaghetti!
The rest of the day we did the usual weekend cleaning, laundry, shopping.....I worked out, I finished my puzzle, finished my book and didn't leave the house all day and it was awesome!

The girls are on spring break this week so Presley is going to KTC. Monday morning was horrible and it didn't help that it has snowed so it took me an hour to get to work.......Presley cried, screamed and was incredibly mad she had to go to KTC. It was like I was dropping off kindergarten Presley again, took me 15 minutes of trying to convince her, plead her, ask her, telling her she had to go and the staff at the school were very nice and helped basically take her from me so I could leave. It was NOT fun. In her defense, she does have to go to a different elementary school that she is not used to and b/c it's spring break they combine all the 2nd and 3rd graders from all 5 elementary schools and there just aren't as many kids there that she knows.

I had asked mom to watch the girls overnight on Monday since she was watching Presley on Tuesday anyways so we picked them up, packed up their things and took them over for their night with Grandma! Steve and I decided to do dinner at Blu Toro, http://www.blutorocantina.com/, it was really good and I would definitely go back again! Then we headed out to a new brewery on that side of town, Barn Town Brewery, http://barntownbrewing.com/ , we really liked that too. Cool atmosphere, good beer, the bartender was nice....I wish we had a place like this closer to our house!

Last night my neighbor Sarah convinced me to do the canvas painting class that so many people have done. I'm not creative or artsy so I had never done one, but I sucked it up and did it!
Sarah's friend Stacy, Sarah and me
I think they turned out pretty good! Perfect for St. Patty's day on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment