Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Okay.

'Okay' is rarely an answer I get from Presley when I tell Presley I'm signing her up for a sport (which a majority of the time I don't end up doing). Sunday afternoon we were out kicking the soccer ball around and she was doing really well! They play in school and I know she likes it but will never admit that she 'wants' to play. So I told her I was going to sign her up and she said 'Okay'. Not an excited okay but not a pissed off okay either! So I ran with it!
Monday morning I looked at the registration online but didn't pull the trigger, it's a lot of money to spend if she was going to back out later. So Monday after work I told her I HAD signed her up and she just shrugged her shoulders! I know this doesn't sound like much, but this is NOT refusal from her! This is a gigantic step!!!

Yesterday I registered her, paid the late fee, ordered her jerseys, everything. I was excited!
A couple hours later I get an email that says 'Sorry, spring soccer is full I'm not sure why the website allowed you to register' ARE YOU KIDDING ME??????????? I was SO bummed.

We have one last chance by trying the Grimes soccer league, the season is only 6 weeks and it's a little cheaper but she probably won't know any of the other girls. They only have a couple openings left, so right now we are just waiting to hear back.
If not, I told her I would sign her up for fall soccer in hopes she doesn't change her mind before then!

No comments:

Post a Comment