Monday, March 20, 2017

Weekend fun

I took Friday off of work to spend a day with Presley since she was on spring break, I really should try to take more time off during this week to do fun things with her (or both of them) so maybe next year.
We got up and headed our to get her hair cut. It hadn't been cut in about a year and she needed. The girl who does my hair, Josie, washed, trimmed, blew dry and curled Presley's hair. I think she liked the pampering! Then we headed to Flix Brewhouse to met my mom to see Beauty and the Beast! I think my mom and I were more excited than Presley but we all really liked it!
On our way home we HAD to get shamrock shakes from McDonald's, after all it was St. Patrick's day! (she was insistent that we get these and then she didn't eat half of hers!)
I really had all intentions of working out while Presley played once we got home but I laid down to rest....and 2 hours later, I still hadn't moved. Presley does a great job at playing by herself a lot of times and she loves having that time at home without Piper.
Steve and Piper got home and then neighbor Kyle came over to watch basketball with Steve and we just hung out.
I snapped this picture of my baby girl, who looking more like a teenager here.

That night we had a slumber party in the basement and watched the new Jungle Book while Steve went and watched more basketball with neighbors. We really liked the movie!

Saturday we mostly just hung out! I worked out, Steve went to the store, the cable guy came to hook up some new hardware and then we got out the Easy Bake Oven that Piper got for Christmas. I've never had an easy bake oven and really don't know what the purpose is at this point. You get tiny little servings, you still have to get real dishes dirty, the little oven is hot so it's not really that EASY. Heck, turn on the real oven and make me a 9x13 pan of brownies instead of 12 tiny little cookies. Oh well, the girls liked it and ate them all up in no time at all! (Now if we had that 9x13 pan that would've lasted all weekend and not an hour!)
(don't mind the clock in the background that shows it is almost 2 pm and Piper is still in her pj's)
Saturday afternoon we played outside a lot! Well, they played and I sat and read my book or talked with neighbors. That night Steve made a rock star dinner of steak, shrimp, asparagus and grilled potatoes. O.M.G. Jealous? You should be!

The girls and I had another night in the basement watching The Jungle Books (since we forgot to return it, oops) and Steve went to neighbor Matt's to watch the Iowa State game. Once he got home he slept with the girls in the basement and I went up and had the whole bed to myself.....until about 9 Sunday morning when these two weaseled their way into bed with me (with their ipads in hand). They started fighting over who had more room in the bed so I got up and went to work out!
Yesterday Presley got to see Beauty and the Beast again with cousin Ava and Aunt Christie, Piper and I headed to Target and Steve went to help Kyle with a quick project. When Piper and I got home the weather had warmed up so Piper got on her bike and we went for a walk!
Steve then went back over to Kyle's to watch the Iowa game and took Piper with him! So I had about an hour to get some laundry put away, clean some things up and read my book out front waiting for Presley to get home from the movie!

The night went so fast, we had leftovers from Saturday night while we watched the end of the Iowa game and the girls ate so quickly so they could go back outside and play! They were NOT happy to come back in and NOT happy to have to go to school today. But I can't really blame them!

No comments:

Post a Comment