Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Weekend Fun

Saturday morning we got up and ready....Steve took Piper to Carver's 3rd birthday at Skyzone and I took Presley to the Green Days parade...b/c we obviously needed more tootsie rolls and dum-dums after the last parade they went to. We are swimming in candy right now and normally I would enjoy the thought of that but vacation is 3 short weeks away!
It was warm but it was a fun, we sat with our neighbors Wendy and Jason who have a 3 and almost 2 year old so it was nice to have some other kids there for Presley to share with!
After the parade, we headed to Skyzone to pick up Piper and Steve headed off to his aunt and uncles 50th wedding anniversary in Cherokee! The girls and I ran to Wal-Mart and then home to do whatever we wanted! They actually played in the basement with the neighbor girls for over 2 hours, it was awesome! I did some stuff around the house and started working on Piper's baby shutterfly book....yes, I am aware that she is 3 and a half years old and I'm just NOW working on this, but hey, better late than never!

That evening we headed out to Holly and Jerry's...Holly got a new turtle (she's weird) and we needed to get out of the house anyway. We hung out there for a while and then finally about 7 pm, I forced ourselves to leave b/c we hadn't eaten dinner or done anything to get ready for fathers day on Sunday!

We got home, put a pizza in the oven and make cookies while we waited for that. I filled out a short questionnaire that the girls answered about Steve (thank you pinterest!) and they made cards (and paper plates faces(?) and I bought him a bottle of vodka! Happy Fathers Day!
Piper's answers : My daddy.....
His name is Steve.
He is 17 years old.
He likes to hug me.
He is good at coloring.
He is not good at fishing.
His favorite food is bacon.
I love him because I like to ride on his shoulders.
 
Presley's answers : My daddy.....
His name is Steve.
He is 37 years old.
He likes to fish.
He is good at writing in bubble letters.
He is not good at jump roping.
His favorite food is hot dogs.
I love him because he is smart.


Sunday morning I got up and went to work. The girls slept in a little and he got the slip-n-slide ready! He smoked some wings and a pork loin and we had over some friends whose kids enjoyed the slip-n-slide also and then his brother also came over to hang out for a couple hours. It was hot out but not unbearable in the shade so it was nice afternoon!
Once everyone left we hung out for a while, I cleaned up, Steve laid down, the girls fought played. Then we packed up and headed to Earlham to watch our friend Dustin play/sing...see that is him in the white shirt in the background! :) 
Cousin Ava was there so Presley went off with her to do some gymnastics and play. We saw quite a few people (including Steve's family) that we knew and the weather was perfect in the shade so it was a nice evening! We were definitely out too late and didn't get home until after 9 so the girls were asleep until about 10 which is just too late for a 'school' night! Oh well...it's summer, right?? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment