Sunday, June 5, 2016

Friday Fun Day

Presley's last day of school was Thursday and she didn't have any daycare on Friday so I took the day off to have some summer fun....and I was nice and kept Piper home with us too! Normally I have sent her to daycare for a day alone with Presley b/c sometimes Piper is just too much work....BUT she is getting older and easier and is starting to notice when she is left out of things.
We slept in and then took the Jeep to Mullets for brunch. The weather was perfect, it wasn't too busy and they ate good!  
 
Then we headed to the zoo! And for the first time we didn't have a stroller in hand and with the Jeep there is very little that I take with us since with the top down there is little security for leaving anything in it. I did end up carrying Piper a couple times but not for too long so it was a success (except when I ran out of cash money and couldn't buy them bomb pops, #momfail) 
They both wanted their face painted, which the normal-up-tight-mom in me would try to talk them out of it but I was fun-who-cares-kids-can-be-kids mom at the time, so they did it.
My Hello Kitty
My half butterfly (b/c my cash flow didn't support the full butterfly, thankfully they offer 'halves' and she was MORE than okay with it)
I feel like we didn't see that many animals! We rode the train, got the face painting, played on the playground there.....then we checked out the Curious George exhibit.....Piper was very interested in it. Presley didn't really care about most of it.
And our last stop was the merry-go-round, thankfully I could ride free (b/c I wouldn't have had enough $ for all three of us, sad huh?) I don't normally like this ride, it goes in circles....me and circles don't usually mix well. 
We got home and had some snacks and then they played with the neighbors. That night we headed to my parents house for our reunion 'talent' practice and to celebrate the son-in-laws birthdays (since Steve's was in April and both Jerry and Scotts are in May). We ate dinner, talked and were outside until about 8:30 when it was time to head home!.....I prefer this Friday over any other Friday I've had in a LONG time!

No comments:

Post a Comment