Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Ketch-up....

See the word play I did there! wow! I'm entirely too clever!........ANYWHO.....Where did last week go? Ugh...
Presley started her semi-private swim lessons, thanks to my mom and dad for agreeing to take her since it's at 9:30 in the morning! So I drop P off at their house, they take her to swim lessons and then take her to KTC for fun with her friends and last week was filled with lunch at F&O's, Pump it Up, Infinite Gymnastics, roller skating and then staying at the school on Friday to get to know their groups a little better, go over the rules for the summer and that fun stuff.......Monday night I worked until almost 8 pm, didn't even see the girls b/c they were in bed when I got home. Steve took them to Sonic for dinner, he sent me a picture of them eating outside and my response was 'Fun! Is it nice outside?' I literally don't look out a window or leave my building to even know what the weather is doing. Sad, isn't it?

Tuesday we hung out at home and then got a call from my friend Katie who was camping out at the campground not too far from our house. So about 6:45 we quickly got things packed, jumped into Jeep and headed there....knowing that it was probably a bad idea b/c the girls always seem to misbehave when we let them stay up a little later than normal. We hung out at the campground, chatted, the kids played good (I think their 7 yr old Jace was a little overwhelmed with the amount of talking that Piper was doing, she WOULD NOT stop talking!) and then got home a little after 9 (which is too late for them, but it's summer! Right?)

Wednesday Piper had water play day at daycare and Presley had swim lessons, went to gymnastics with KTC and then had summer gymnastics at 5 pm. Busy girl! Piper and I had our date night at El Mariachi on the patio then headed home and we tried to get them to bed early!

Thursday the weather started to turn HOT. I like hot weather but when it's 95-100 it's just too much and you can't even enjoy being outside. Our neighbors got a nice kid pool and invited us to come down about 6:30...once again we decided to let our kids have some summer fun and stay out later than normal. They played good in the water and with each other until about 8 and then it was time to get home and get in bed!

Friday we were going to do a couple different things but it was just too hot so we decided to hang out at home, got our kid pool filled up. The kids played, Steve made a good dinner, we hung out by the shed. I was exhausted and didn't feel that good so Steve stayed out with some neighbors watching the basketball game and I hung out inside until it was time to get the kids to bed and then I went to bed too. I slept like SHIT! I couldn't sleep, kept waking up, kept thinking...then Steve finally came in at 1:30 once he kicked the neighbors out for the night. I slept good from 1:45-4:15, then the storm hit. That kept me up, then I checked on the girls about 1:30 and Piper was sitting up in bed so I laid with her awhile. Once she was asleep I decided that I probably should just get up and go to work! So I was in my car at 4:59 and at work by 5:25! IN THE MORNING...what the f*** is wrong with me?

While I was at work Steve took the girls to the Grimes parade (what a good daddy!). They said it was awesome! There was hardly anyone there and got a TON of candy! (which is bad for this mama b/c I love me some Tootsie Rolls and Laffy Taffy's!)

I got home about 11:30 and was just EXHAUSTED. I get grouchy when I'm that tired and Steve doesn't like to deal with me. So he offered to take Piper with him when he dropped of Presley at their cousin Ava's birthday party at Chow's gymnastics so I could take a nap! (what a good husband!)

One of the girls didn't show up so they asked if Piper wanted to join the bday fun and she was so excited! She did everything the big girls did and loved it! The girl working the party asked if she was in tumbling b/c she was good for her age and not afraid to try...this is her jumping into the foam pit!
Ava, Presley and Piper
I took a nap from 1 until they got home about 3:15, it was awesome! I haven't done that in a long time! Then I got up and actually started my day....laundry, went outside with the girls while they played in the pool, Steve made another awesome dinner and then we decided to head to Adventureland for a couple hours!

We got there and rode the skylift to the other side of the park and decided to start there and make our way back towards the entrance since we knew we'd only be there for a couple hours. The skylift goes right thru The Monster, the awesome new roller coaster!
Steve and Piper on the chair in front of us.

We did the Raging River and Piper was NOT impressed. She said she only wanted to get a little wet, so when we ended up right under the waterfall (and I tried to cover her with my own body) she said she 'got a lot wet and she only wanted a little wet!' So she doesn't want to ride it again. But she liked the Tilt-a-whirl! Barf.
Piper loves to be friendly, which is refreshing...she jumped up next to this boy on the motorcycles and had fun. Love the smiles!

We played some skee-ball and rode the train, did some other small rides. It's fun to see the place lit up at night when the sun starts to go down. They really wanted to stay longer but we didn't want to push out luck. We got home about 9:15 and went to bed. The girls had a fun filled day so they went to sleep fairly fast!

Sunday we didn't do too much...I got up and worked until about 11 then went home and we tried to play outside in the pool but it was just HOT. Multiple times I tried to go outside and read, in the shade, with my feet in the pool, sitting near/in the sprinkler....it just never lasted very long. So we did lot of cleaning and laundry and just hanging out inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment