Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving

My employer was nice enough to let us go home at 3 on Wednesday and Steve always has a half day on that day, so we picked up the girls early and just hung out at home. We let them stay up late watching The Polar Express (which little did I know that I would watch this at least 5 more times over the long weekend) and Piper actually WATCHED a majority of it!
And we decided that the pacifier was going away! That morning she had poked a hole in it (she was chewing on it most of the time) and it had spit in it and was just gross, so I had convinced her that we were going to throw it away (little did she know I put this on top of our dresser, just in case!) Since she was up late watching the movie she really didn't fight for her pacifier at all! woohoo! (and hasn't had it since! Easy peasy!

Thursday she was up at 7...WTF? I think this was b/c she didn't have her paci and b/c her alarm went off for our normal weekday schedule. We hung out and got ready for an evening at my parents house, we tried to get Piper to take a nap beforehand but she wasn't having it.
We headed to my mom's about 2 and hung out, the kids played as always, we talked and laughed and were ridiculous....let me catch you up with the crazy of my family........

So last Sunday during the Packer game I made up a 'rule' that during Thanksgiving no one could have their cell phones in the family room (b/c they are ALL so bad about being on their phones and it drive me bonkers!). Then Steve decided that every one should make up a rule!
Steve - You can only speak in questions at dinner (this was VERY difficult but really funny!)
Scott - If you break Steve's rule you have to take a shot (we realized shots was a little much and it was honestly too hard to determine who was doing it and who was breaking the rule with 15 people at the table)
Holly - All the men have to clean up (which they did)

Dad - everyone stay out of the kitchen (which is hard when you are trying to help, keeping the kids out was the mail goal I think!)
Mom - everyone had to play at least one game (we played Cards Against Humanity, which was really funny!)
Jerry - Anytime you ask someone to do something for you (pass the turkey, get me a beer), you then have to say Praise Jesus! (It was really funny when people remembered to say it!)


We had a great dinner and I will say that I didn't eat too much! Dealing with the kids and food and then Piper having to go potty (all the time!), by the time I was done everyone was cleaning up! We hung out some more and watched the Packer game (again, we don't want to talk about it!). And then somehow we came up with more odd conversations....like everyone should tell one thing they learned about themselves that day and one thing we can improve on (mine, to have more patience with my kids).....then it turned into everyone should say one thing that each person can improve on and we should take it as 'constructive criticism'...(Jerry's criticism for me...I needed to stop being so 'regal', somehow, completely jokingly (I think) I ended being between a bald eagle and Kate Middleton with my amount of regal-ness! HA! Yeah ok. I did not partake in most of this b/c it's just asking for people to get mad at others!
Overall it was a great day with family, so many laughs, so many inappropriate conversations that most people would be appalled that we were having with our parents in the room but so funny! We got home too late and the girls were exhausted, which just helps them sleep in more in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment