Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Get to know me:

  1. Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island? Well, if we are talking people that I actually know (and not like Ryan Gosling or Shemar Moore) then I would pick Steve. He is super handy, funny and he can cook!
  2. If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be? Sleep, not having anything to do at work is dreadful. I would normally say that I want to read, but since work is slow I've been doing alot of that already (shhhh, don't tell my boss)! Though if I wanted to be productive I would clean up our basement and organize our crap in hopes that we'll get rid of it (Goodwill? garage sale? donate to anyone!)....Or I would do more Christmas shopping, which I'm hoping to get done tomorrow!
  3. If money was no object, what would you do all day? Travel with the family, take photography classes and I might actually work out!
  4. Where do you most want to travel, but have never been? I don't have a specific destination in mind but any place tropical will do! Cabo, Bora Bora, Aruba, Bahamas
  5. What is your favorite memory? I would say family vacations! Growing up we drove to Texas and Colorado and I just hope that we can have these experiences with the girls going forward. We go to Okoboji with Steve's family every summer and we all love it. Every other summer we have my family reunion too, last year it was in Colorado and next year it is in Portland! I love that we get to do this and my kids get to experience it too!
  6. Who is your favorite author? No idea, I don't narrow my selections to certain people, if you have a good story, I'll read it!
  7. What is your favorite book? I'm not sure I could choose. I read alot of nonsense, murder mysteries, teen romance, trashy smut but I love them all! When I read Gone Girl and Still Missing, those were two books that I told people they HAD to go read so I must have thought they were good enough to recommend!
  8. What was your favorite activity in gym class? Power walking to the donut shop or line-dancing. Obviously, I'm a big fan of actual  physical sports!
  9. What has been your biggest challenge? Being a mother! I just never feel that I'm doing enough or that I'm doing it wrong. I know there is no 'right' way to parent and I just hope that we are raising happy, healthy, smart children. Also finding a good combination of family, social and couple time. I think we do a good job of this, but it is challenging b/c it doesn't seem there is enough time for everyone.
  10. What is your biggest success up until now? I would say having a relatively 'normal' stable life. Wonderful husband, a college education and a good job, 2 freaking adorable funny daughters, nice house, no credit card debt. I just feel right now, in this moment, we are in a good spot in life. Sometimes you don't know how long that will continue, so we'll enjoy it.
  11. What does your perfect day look like? Sleeping in, a nice brunch on a patio while reading a book. It's the perfect day so there are no chores or errands that need to be done so I would have time to watch a movie (gasp!) while eating whatever I want. I would read some more, maybe take a nap. I guess on this day I'm alone, does that make me a bad mom? HA!
  12. University or life experience, which do you feel best prepares you for life? Tough question, I wouldn't give up my college life for anything....but I can't say that it prepared me more for life than just getting a job and living would've done. Does that make sense?
  13. What is the one thing that should be taught in school that isn’t already? Something about credit and finances and savings. Seeing peoples credit reports and trying to buy a house is a joke when they are maxed out on credit cards, have NO savings and overdraft fees and have shown NO financial responsibility...but no worries, we'll usually approve your loan anyway.
  14. If you were to create a piece of art, what would the subject be? Art? I don't do art. Even the wine and canvas classes that I see so many friends doing is just not me.
  15. What one thing would you change if you had to do it over? I would have the Packers win the past two games! (Damn you Broncos and Panthers!) :)
  16. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? This question is causing me to think too much and I can't decide. Do I go back to a time I haven't experienced? Do I go back and experience one of my best years again? Do I enjoy my children being babies again?
  17. What does your life say about you? Hopefully lots of fun, laughs, love and success.
  18. How would your friends describe you? Probably as a sarcastic bitch! Hopefully funny and nice and somewhat smart too, but I think this would be a good question to ask my friends to see what it is they really think of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment