Monday, November 16, 2015

Another November week

So last week is the beginning of the holiday season for me! This is when I really start focusing on Christmas shopping. I had to work late Tuesday night but the neighbors invited us to El Mariachi with then so we all met there. Started off great when Piper had to poop (and she tried twice in the potty and wouldn't go) and I had the diapers in my car. So I got to the restaurant, put on her diaper, climbed back in the car and waited for her to do her business in the back seat.
Finally she completed her business and I laid her down in the back and shit, literally SHIT, came pouring out of back of her diaper. Awesome. Thankfully it just got on the car and her shirt. Of course, I had no extra shirt for her so I called Steve to come back out to the car to get her sweatshirt from his truck. Desperate times calls for desperate measures. I got her cleaned up and 'dressed' and we went about our lovely dinner! Thanks Deans for inviting us!
 
Then Wednesday was Veterns Day, I try to use this day to start my Christmas shopping. However, since being slow at work I've done alot online and it's just cheaper and easier! Piper and I took our time getting ready and then I dropped her off at daycare about 9. I actually got to the mall before they opened! WHAT?
I just don't know what to buy the girls. Presley is pretty easy, she likes anything girly. Dolls, Barbies, books, anything that sparkles but the last thing we need is more of this crap around our house! Piper on the otherhand, I have no clue. She isn't interested in much so I just feel that I'm buying them 'stuff', no real 'big' gift like Steve thinks we should buy them. But you know what, they are little they don't know how much things cost and Presley is just going to count them to make sure that her and Piper got the exact same amount of gifts anyway! HAHA!
 
Friday night we got ready for our day in Iowa City! We packed the girls bags and dropped them off at my parents at 9:30 Saturday morning and headed east with my brother in law Matt and nephew Gavin (Gavin's first Hawkeye game!).
We headed to our friends tailgate and spent the day chatting, eating, drinking and catching up. Some of these friends we haven't seen in years so it was nice to have some time to talk without kids pulling us in different directions. The weather was perfect and the atmosphere was awesome with the record-breaking outdoor wrestling at Kinnick during the day and then everyone getting pumped up for the big football game!
 
We got our tickets from Todd again and they are just awesome seats. Just a different experience from the 9th row! and now they are 10-0! It was a great game!
We hung out for big after the game and waited for the traffic to die down and then walked to our car. We left about 11:30 and got home about 1:30. We were exhausted! Thank you Matt for driving!
 
Sunday we got up and headed to mom's for the Packer game, which I don't even want to talk about. Other than the game it was a good day! The kids played good together, we ate too much, I finally got to see my dad's pictures from Italy and we were all in bed by 9! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment