Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Week in review

The cold I had last week has lingered and now Steve has it! Oops! I keep telling him to stay away from me! ;) HAHA!

Last week I had to work late on Wednesday and Steve took on the challenge of taking Piper to gymnastics, which is fine if you DON'T actually want to watch Presley! He took the ipad for her and she seemed to do okay, minus the fact that she does not have an inside voice! Presley's Athlete of the Month board was posted and she is in the Sapphire newsletter this month! I'm so proud of her and she works SO hard, I'm so glad it is paying off for her!

Thurday my employer gave us some not-so-good news about our department. Let's just say I'm still employed but the next couple months are up in the air with how our department (and a couple others) will proceed. Technology is not on our side, so we need the smart techy people to step up and get us back on track!
I got home after drinks with work people and saw an incident report from daycare for Piper...she had an accident at nap time (they don't put her in a diaper at nap time and usually does pretty good). But the note said "Piper threw a fit (threw herself on the ground) when we asked her to go potty before nap time. Then she had an accident at nap time"....Really? Threw herself on the ground? I expect this from her at home but never thought she would tell them no! Hopefully this was just a one off situation!

Friday I picked up both girls. We came home had dinner, got organized and then headed up to Jester Park to join Sam, Scott and Boston. They bought a new camper and a bunch of us joined them for a couple hours to hang out and enjoy the awesome fall night!  It was fun and I'm sure we'll be joining them for camping fun in the future!

Saturday morning Piper woke up at 7. Way too early, she had been up past 10 so I knew that she didn't really want to be awake. She was poopy, so I changed her diaper, tucked her back in bed and said night, night, see you in the morning!' I went back to bed with my fingers crossed, hoping it would work and it did! We all slept until 9! :) Once we got up and moving I had a bunch of errands to run and I took Presley with me, she was rather pleasant and good! We ordered balloons for Piper's birthday part and I got a pair of jeans hemmed, which I have never done before! I loved them, they fit good and I needed 3 inches taken off (with my boots on!) and now they fit perfectly! Then we went to Target to get Piper a birthday present...taking Presley to pick out a present for Piper was not smart. She only found a million things that SHE wanted, so I grabbed a couple things and went on our way!

We got home to watch the end of the Iowa game and then decided to hit up the pumpkin patch (photos to come later). The weather was nice and our next couple weekends are busy....and you know what, we didn't even get pumpkins! We did all the activities and didn't want to wait in line, so we'll pick some up this week somewhere else!

Sunday we had another early morning with Piper. She woke up at 7:30 and couldn't find her pacifer, I found it, covered her and snuck back into bed...2 hours later she woke up! I'm loving this morning routine of sleeping in! Our house has been a diaster and just filled with crap and unorganized. Steve and I went on a rampage of cleaning and organizing Sunday morning, of course we still have a lot to do. But toys were put away where they should be and toys were thrown away, Presley helped by going threw all the markers to see which ones worked and which ones didn't and could be thrown away! The 25 million color book pages that have been colored or ripped out for no good reason, all got tossed. It was nice! We did this for hours, then Steve did stuff outside and I did some laundry and we all got ready to go to Holly and Jerry's to watch the Packer game! Another win!

No comments:

Post a Comment