Sunday, October 25, 2015

Hacking Piper

All week Piper hasn't been normal, getting up in the middle of the night, coughing like crazy, snotty nose. We thought it was a cold or allergies. We gave her Benedryl at night and hoped for the best, but night after night she ended up in our bed and one of us moved to the couch.
Tuesday night I had my annual pumpkin beer night with some girls and Wednesday P had gynmastics and Piper and I went to El Mariachi with mom....you know, to keep mom busy with dad still being gone! :) I don't think Presley, daddy or Piper was feeling good this night.....then came Friday morning we figured we better take her to the doctor before the weekend in case something was wrong. Steve picked up her from daycare about 11:30 and went to the walk-in clinic.....sure enough she had a fever of 101 and a double ear infection.
So thankfully we were able to take her to my mom's for the afternoon so Steve could go back to work!
That night Steve went out so it was a girls night in! Piper coughing so hard that she made herself throw up twice! I just hate it! I feel so helpless b/c I know coughs are hard to prevent. Facebook seemed to support Vicks on her feet, so we did that plus her ear infection meds and Tylenol. She went to sleep pretty good and then Presley and I made popcorn and watched Maleficent....it was pretty good!

Saturday Steve was able to get the patio poured for the shed! We've been waiting for a free weekend that his concrete buddies could help him and that the weather cooperated! So it is done! Besides the staining if we get another free weekend and some sod/landscaping stuff that will be done next year!

The girls and I hung out most of the day. Since I was gone all last weekend, there was so much cleaning and laundry that needed to be done! I got alot done (and if you came in my house right now, you probably couldn't tell), so much laundry, organizing, cleaning, picking up, dusting (which 24 hours later everything is dusty again anyways!). Presley kept busy playing and writing stories and drawing. Piper played on the ipad, watched parts of movies, and caused trouble. Overall a good, productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment