Monday, October 12, 2015

Piper - 3 years

Our baby is 3! I can't handle her cuteness, she is SO funny and so sassy and can be so sweet! Sarcasm and funny should not come in little people like this! I love it and I know that she just listens to everyone around her which is where she picks up the things that she says!

She :
- 32 lbs and 36 inches (she gained about 2 lbs and 2 inches in the last year)
- wearing mostly 3T clothes and size 6 diapers at night
- is down to an hour nap (though she LOVES naps and would sleep for 3 hours if we let her). Really if she is asleep before 9 on the week nights, that is a success!
- is 'potty trained', meaning she will only potty....no pooping in the potty. She has accidents maybe twice a week in her underwear and is nice enough to save her pooping for bedtime (when she has a diaper on!)
- LOVES Frozen and Annie (the new one) right now....she would watch them every day if we let her. Her attention span is still short, but we can get maybe 30 minutes out of her now...much better than she was 2 months ago!
- loves snacks. She is our sweets girl. She would snack all day, candy, chips...doesn't matter.
- still has her pacifer. Shhh...I know! I hate it but she loves it! She doesn't have it all day at daycare and now has regressed into wanting it ALL the time at home. So I've been working on this over the last week and hiding it from her until bedtime. I keep telling her that she is a big girl and when she is 3 years old the paci is going away and to another baby!....then she'll look at me and tell me she is a baby and still 2 (so that she can have it!)
- can identify about half her letters, she always amazes me with what she has learned in school.... when she draws a circle and asks me what letter it is. I said 'O'...and she'll say 'O, for Olivia'. Then she drew a 'tail' on the O and I thought she was just doodling and I said 'Q'...and she said 'Good job mommy...Q for Quintin!' HA!
- if you call her Piper Rebecca she'll super snotty turn around and say 'I not a Becca! I'm a Piper!' and she'll do anytime you call her anything but Piper! Then occasionally she won't be Piper anymore. Tonight I called her Piper and she said "I'm not Piper! I'm Presley!" Ok, whatever child!
- loves her big sister and they CAN play good together. Presley is a big help but is also the main cause of the fights. However Piper does good at wanting quiet time. When she is pouting or sad, she wants her paci, her blanket and wants to watch Annie by herself.
- is our little firecracker for sure! If you want a hug, she will smugly walk by with her nose up in the air and shake her head no. Or she can be SO sweet and give you a super big hug and pat your back during it.....You never know what to expect.

There are not enough words or stories to fully describe this child. She is amazing and awesome and adorable and I can't get enough of her cuteness and comments. We love you Piper Rebecca!

No comments:

Post a Comment