Monday, November 3, 2014

Weekend Update

So Friday night, last minute, we decided to try to have another dinner night out without the girls. My mom agreed to watch the girls for a couple hours, so we headed to Jethros for a casual-sitting-at-the-bar dinner and then stopped by the Boat House for a drink before heading home.  Thanks mom!

Saturday we did nothing, well the girls did nothing and I ran to the mall for 2 hours alone! Except, in the moment of enjoying a nice solo Target trip all I hear around me....crying, screaming kids with parents yelling at them. Every where I turned there were kids and parents and ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........everyone SHUT UP! It was stressing me out the amount of crying, screaming and yelling that was going on and MY kids weren't there!

Saturday we hung out, played, cleaned, I did 5 loads of laundry and put 8 loads away (you know, the 3 loads I didn't put away last weekend!).  At one point, Steve went ran to work real quick, Piper was watching Baby McDonald on the laptop, Presley was watching youtube vides on the ipad and I was reading my book....we had a nice 10 minutes of silence. Ahhhh.....10 whole minutes!

Sunday the girls slept until 8 (really 9 with the time change) and we decided to get them out of the house and ran to Costco. It's amazing how 1/2 hour out can change my mind in taking them anywhere and we headed home.
While Piper napped, Steve watched some football and got some stuff done around the house and Presley and I went to the basement and played (while watching The Wedding Planner, which she was actually really watching with me!). Good afternoon!

Presley and I had some issues Sunday, at Costco she was mad at me for something, then she was mad when we played games, then she was mad b/c it was my turn to put her to bed and she wanted daddy. So I decided that we would have a girls night and go to dinner together....no daddy, no Piper. So I picked her up from school and we went to Texas Roadhouse. She was good and we had a good dinner, just the two of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment