Saturday, November 8, 2014

CRAZY

This has been one up-and-down week. My grandpa took a turn for the worse on Monday so my parents decided to head to Texas on Tuesday (getting there Wednesday afternoon). The whole week and weekend was up in the air at this point since we were supposed to go to Minneapolis on Friday for the Garth Brooks concert. We no longer had a sitter, so Steve was going to stay home with the girls. My sister-in-law Christie agreed to watch the girls overnight if Steve wanted to go, but it was just going to be too much of a pain in the ass trying to get her all their 'stuff' and having her pick them both up from daycare. So I was able to get my friend Amy to take Steve's ticket and be my date!

My grandpa ended up passing away Wednesday :( I was thankful that my mom was able to spend some quality time with her siblings during this time. All Wednesday we tried to figure out what we were going to do. Should I drive down with P and my sisters? Should we fly? Should we go now or after Garth? Plans changed about a million times and finally by 4:00 that afternoon Holly and Sam decided they were going to leave Thursday morning and drive down. I decided to NOT go, after talking to my mom she convinced me that I shouldn't feel bad for not going (hopefully she really meant it!), there wasn't a funeral or service for him, the family was going to get together Saturday night for dinner. It would've been awesome to see everyone but it was hard to justify driving that far for 1.5 days being there.
My grandpa couldn't remember from one day to the next, but he could always remember the words to You Are My Sunshine, so now every time I hear Piper sing it my heart breaks a little more.

Samantha found 2 people to take her tickets, but then we had Holly's tickets to give away. My friend Jen was able to go and then she was able to find a coworker of ours Kirsten that lives in Minneapolis to go with us too. SO things were coming together!

No comments:

Post a Comment