Wednesday, February 19, 2014

What a week...and it's only Wednesday.

Monday I picked up the girls from Generation, which Steve normally does but he had a work meeting. Presley likes to be picked up first, I walked in and she had a different shirt on. Sitting there all pathetic, she had thrown up about 20 minutes before I got there. UGH. Sitting there with her grocery bag I went to get her stuff, then I had her sit in the 'pit' area while I went to get Piper since I didn't really want to take a sick kid in the pre-tot room with me.  Piper did have another good day at Generation, so that is good...but maybe that was b/c she had some other kids pacifer in her mouth when I got there?
By the time we got back to P, she had got sick again...mostly in the bag but it was still dripping down her face. I felt SO bad! Sitting there by herself, throwing up. In the chaos, of getting her cleaned up, gathering all of our belongings and trying to maintain control of Piper....we finally made it to the car, with Piper screaming and arching her back the entire way.

We got home. Presley wanted to lay in our bed. I went in there to get her settled down, and she started puking again. Piper went to play in our bathroom and went straight for the toilet, as she usually does. I heard the slam of the lid going down, followed by her screaming. I'm sure it landed right on her hand. So puking and screaming/crying. FUN TIMES!

Finally I got Piper dinner, Presley cuddled in our bed and a moment to open a bottle of wine.

Tuesday morning, we knew P wouldn't be going to preschool and Steve was able to go into work late but then had to take her to my mom's. Thank you grandma again for saving us and Presley loves spending time with you! Maybe she is faking it to come to your house more?! LOL!

Then we had kindergarten registration! Steve decided to go for me (what a good dad!). They watched a video, got to meet the three teachers and the principal. He got to see the school and filled out the paper work and got more papers for us to fill out. The principal mentioned different things they needed to know, education wise and self-sufficient things (putting on coats, zipping them up, tying shoes if possible....which P has been trying so hard to learn!). We got her in the graduate program at Generation Next, so they provide the transportation to and from kindergarten and the before/after care. I think this will be great for her, since she doesn't LOVE change, this will give her some familarity with the changes of kindergarten.

Today I got Piper into the doctor. She has had a cold/cough for weeks and I just wanted to make sure it hadn't turned into something more than a cold/cough! Sure enough, double ear infection....who knows how long she has had them! :( She's been sleeping good, eating good....she has just been a crazy girl!
Tonight we decided to go to Applebees. Presley has the classroom bear this week and wanted to take her out to dinner (more on Buddy Bear later). And since it's supposed to blizzard tomorrow, tonight was the night. Disaster. Presley couldn't find her 'inside' voice, Piper was just not happy. We were ready to pack up and leave before we even got our food. And shortly after we got our food, Steve took her home. She was just a pain and disrupting the restaurant with her screaming and crying. So Presley and I enjoyed the rest of our dinner then headed home!

Hopefully this 'blizzard' we get tomorrow will just be a bunch of bullshit so we can end the week better than we started it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment