Thursday, February 20, 2014

I admire....

- single mothers....it has to be hard to do it all yourself...unless you have every other weekend to yourself, then that is a different story!
- parents who have 3 or more kids...that kind of patience is not something we have in this house but I wish we did!
- people who choose to NOT have kids. The option to make all your dreams come true, spend money, travel, to come and go as you please is a different kind of freedom.
- early birds. Those people who actually choose to get up early, to enjoy the morning hours, who don't need an alarm or snooze button (one of my favs!). I like sleep too much.
- parents who express what 'parenting' is REALLY about. Either I ignored all these stories or I never heard them...parenting is not all fun and games, but the fun and games of parenting is really worth it!
- people who aren't afraid to sing in public. Whether they are good or bad, they have the courage to do it....which I don't!
- people who aren't afraid to speak their mind. I often just keep my mouth shut which isn't always the best option. I don't like confrontation. So many things I want to say and I just keep it in (most of the time!)
- people who don't have to prove themselves on Facebook. Whether it be having to tell everyone about your good deed for the day or posting how awesome, beautiful and perfect your significant other is. Sometimes the un-said things are the most important. Sometime the good deeds just need to go unnoticed.
- my mother. Who does more for us than any other grandma probably does for their grandkids! I hope that I am able to give my grandkids everything that she does for Presley, Piper, Boston and Mary (and us three girls too)! There is no way I would ever be able to live up to her 'grandma' standard!
- parents who obey the 'parenting' rules. Make your own baby food, no bumper pads in the crib, breastfeed for years, crafts, crafts, crafts.......this is NOT me, this is where pinterest makes me feel inadequate as a parent.
- moms and dads who aren't afraid to take time to be husbands and wives. I know I've said it before, but I truly believe that you just can't be 'mom' and/or 'dad'. You can't lose yourself in that title. I think we do a good job getting our time together and our time out with our friends to just be Jessica and Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment