Monday, February 3, 2014

35

Sunday was my 35th birthday. I don't feel that old....most of the time. I woke up with a terrible headache again. I tried to get up about 9, it hurt too bad so I went back to bed until 10. By then, the headache would come and go and we had to get ready to meet the family for my mom and my birthday brunch at Mama Lacona's.
We had brunch, it was good for everyone to get together. Piper was less than cooperative unless she was stuffing strawberries in her mouth. We got home about 12:30, Piper went down for a nap and Presley and I went into my bed to watch a movie (aka for me to fall asleep). Sure enough, I was out again from 1-3 pm. My headache finally was moving on once I got up.
We had plans to go to a friends for the Super Bowl, but with Piper being sick and it being my birthday Steve didn't really want to leave me on my birthday with whiny, sick Piper. So he went and got the girls McD's for dinner and us Jimmy Johns!
The Super Bowl game was a joke, good thing I didn't really care about either team and didn't watch the whole thing b/c it was just embarrasing!

Today was Miss Presley's birthday, I'll get her update done later. But I did take the day off to spend with her. I asked her if she wanted to spend the day at preschool or have a girls day and she actually chose a girls day! She went to preschool right away in the morning b/c we had her 'conferences' at 10 am. I took Piper to my mom's about 9 (since she was sick, we had to keep her out of Generation again!).
Presley's conferences were mainly to go over whether or not she is ready for kindergarten and what she needs to work on before August. Basically, they love her.  They said she could go to kindergarten today and do great! She is a pleasure to have in class, she knows all the things she should. She listens and they said she is a 'social butterfly'?! WHAT???? OUR KID???
The one thing they said she can work on is being more confident. They said she knows the answers but she doesn't raise her hand that often (sounds exactly like me in school!). So I can't complain. We are very proud of her!

She left with me after the meeting and we ran to VW mall to return a shirt and look for some new clothes for her (since she has an opinion, it's hard to buy clothes for her anymore!) She got a dress for the father/daughter dance on Sunday that will double as her dress to Holly's wedding too! She got some candy and we actually made a purchase at Justice (my most hated store at the mall!). She loves the glitter and bright colors in that store, so she picked out a shirt and some cool hand sanitizer(?) that she wanted!
I got myself a birthday present too! A Coach purse, I splurged! I'm not a 'purse' person, most of the purses I buy are about $30 and they last me for years! BUT.....it's my 35th birthday and it's on my life list to buy a purse that is more than $100!
We then went to lunch at Applebees, where they gave her free ice cream! Then we headed to JC Mall and went and saw The Nut Job! It was pretty cute, I think she liked it!

Overall it has been a great birthday weekend for both of us! Now back to work and more snow tomorrow. UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment