Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Backfire

So here is the backfire conversation with the smart ass daughter I have.

Me : Presley you need to pick this toy up.
P : I'm never going to play with it again.
Me : So we can just throw it away?
P : Sure, I don't care!
Me : If I pick it up, I'm throwing it in the garbage then! (then I proceed to pick it up and throw it away)

She never mentioned it. So when Steve got home I brought it up.

Me : Did you pick up your toy?
P : Yes
Me : Really? Where did you put it?
P : In the garbage!
Me : Really? Why?
P : b/c you wouldn't help me pick it up!

Goodness....really? I like how she turns the entire story around! What am I going to do this girl?

I was going to take it out of the trash and give it to a less fortunate kid or to Piper. However, Steve took out the trash not really realizing this...so we truly did throw away a perfectly good toy that had only been played with once! Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment