Monday, January 6, 2014

Manic Monday

Of course Piper woke up crying this morning from 3:45 to 4:15, my alarm goes off at 5 so I never went back to sleep. Oh well, honestly I didn't any more tired than I do any other day! It was a bad morning for her to not sleep good with her first day at Generation, I know they don't give morning naps (which she rarely gets anyway, but every once in a while she needs it). I knew she wouldn't have her pacifer during the day (which is good, but when you are scared and tired a pacifer would be comforting, at least for a 15 month old!)
She didn't eat breakfast for me, wasn't interested in anything. They don't eat morning snack until 8 and she is used to having breakfast at 7, with probably a follow up morning snack by 8 (the girl likes to eat!). So of course, I was worried about her being hungry too.

Presley and I dropped her off at her room and she screamed and cried. This was the hardest drop off for me. This one made me sad. I knew she would be fine. I told Presley that she should ask to go visit her during the day and she did. Once when Piper was sleeping and other time she said Piper was not happy to see her and just cried.
I called them about 9:15 and they said she was emotional off and on and they were trying to do some cuddling. They said she seemed tired....as I expected. I got an email from the director twice, once to tell me that she was having a hard time adjusting and another to tell me that she was content sitting on Miss Stephanie's lap during their music time.
Then I got a phone call from Miss Stephanie letting me know that Piper had broken out in a rash. Oh great. She said it wasn't a big deal but wanted me to know. So I told her to let me know how it goes and we would come get her if needed.....I never heard anything back so assumed all went ok.

Steve picked them up about 4:15. They said she wanted to be held all day, but they can't do that...which we don't want them to. She did nap for almost 2 hours ON A NAP MAT! (they are lucky she was so exhausted and slept for them) And all she ate was applesauce and animal crackers. But she survived and it will only get better. It took Presley 3 months and she went every day. Since she is only going on Mondays it might take her a little longer. Time will tell!

Piper was asleep by 7 tonight but has already woken up, so something is not right with her. Maybe her last molar is coming thru?

No comments:

Post a Comment