Sunday, January 12, 2014

Germs!!

UGH. So of course, after my last post my mom started to feel bad too. By morning both her and Steve were sick. So with no options for daycare I stayed home with the girls and with a puking husband. I really didn't want to miss work but really at this point my priorities were at home puking, shitting and whining.

Thank goodness Presley was starting to feeling better and was GOOD! She colored and drew pictures (nothing makes this girl happier than being artsy). She kept asking what she could clean?! She swept the floors and wet swiffered them, she volunteered to clean her room and make her bed. She wiped off the counters and dining room table...so I gave her $1 for doing so much cleaning without having to be asked. She thought that was pretty cool.
Steve stayed in the bedroom away from the rest of us. Piper was just whiny, not eating and gross diapers. I tried to give her some Pedialyte so she wouldn't get dehydrated since she was only eating fruit and drinking milk and was going on day 3 of diarrhea. She gagged on that and threw up everything, all over me and her. I took off her clothes and mine in the kitchen, Presley went to go get Steve and he came out between throwing up to keep Piper out of the kitchen so I could clean everything up. Fun times in our house!

Saturday Steve wasn't puking but was just exhausted and tired, don't blame him. Once the girls were up and starting to get restless we got ready and headed to Target. Taking both of them is always a risk, so I was ready to get in and out and hopefully with no screaming fits. It was the opposite. The whole way there, they didn't make a sound. At one point I thought they were going to fall asleep in the shopping cart! They were so quiet, it was odd. PEOPLE, I HAD THE QUIETEST KIDS IN TARGET! It was the best trip I could've asked for from them! I don't think either one of them is fully back to 100% which probably helped me!

Both girls were asleep by 8:30 and then Steve and I decided to watch one of the movies I had DVR'd from our free weekend of HBO and Cinemax.....This is 40 with Paul Rudd. I thought it was f'ing hilarious! Not like its a great story line or award winning movie, but I was laughing ALOT!

Today, I got up and went to work. I had to. I knew there were too many things I needed to wrap up before Monday (which I'm late night tomorrow, so I won't even get there until 10). I got home about 11, Piper was already down for a nap and Presley and Steve were coloring.
Presley then decided she really wanted to wash the windows to the patio door.....for 45 minutes she sprayed and wiped down those windows! LOL!
We did find about 20 minutes to take a walk to the mailbox and spend a little time outside since it was in the 40's today! Woohoo! Other than that we haven't done much but try to make Piper happy and try to get both kids to eat something.
8 pm tonight and both kids are asleep, and I have a feeling that Steve is headed there soon too.
Hoping for a healthier week for everyone! Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment