Friday, January 17, 2014

Long week

This was a long week. Three nights I got home after 7 pm which just makes for a messy, unorganized house and me feeling out of sorts trying to get everything in order. Monday was my late night at work, Piper had her 15 month doctor appointment in the morning....three shots for her and she was NOT happy! I don't remember Presley crying like that, I couldn't take her to Generation for daycare knowing she would continue to cry all day...I just couldn't so, Grandma to the rescue! Thanks again mom! and next Monday I promise I won't call you. :)
Tuesday was a short night just b/c everyone in my house was asleep by 8:00! I worked out, did some wedding shower stuff for Holly, watched some of my DVR'd Dr. Phil episodes and enjoyed the quiet!

Thursday. UGH Thursday blizzard. This was by far the worst drive I have ever had in an Iowa winter. For those family and friends who don't live here and understand what I'm talking about........it takes me a 1/2 hour to get from work to home.  Oh no, not this Thursday! This Thursday it took me 1 hour to get to my mom's house to pick up Piper....her house is almost 1/2 way home.
Now if I would've planned ahead or knew the roads and traffic were going to continue to be bad, I would've just stayed at mom's house.....however, I didn't plan or know what I was driving into. With Piper, during our normal dinner time, we drove into a standstill of cars. It took over an hour to go 4 miles. Piper ate some goldfish I had, some fruit loops I found....though I had nothing for her to drink. We sang songs, she WAS DONE! I gave her the pacifer (which she hasn't had during the day, except for nap time this week!). I was willing to put a movie in the DVD player (that we never use) but we didn't have a DVD in the car! I got on my not-so-smart phone and Youtubed Baby Mcdonald for her and that kept her happy for the last 1/2 hour. We finally got home 2 hours later than we normally do, about 7:20, which is usually bedtime for her. She was starving, I was stressed. It was awful.

Steve's brother tried to drive home to Earlham, that wasn't happening so he drove here and stayed for the night. Our f'ing neighbor decided at 4:30 in the morning he was going to take his snow plow and scrap the snow down his driveway.....you know right outside our bedrooms! I was pissed and of course, I didn't fall back asleep (which is becoming a bad habit for me!)

So today was my other late night for work. Which I was thankful for, I didn't want to drive with the rest of the crazies into work. I got to work a little before 9 and got home about 7:30......but I have a 4 day weekend, which I'm really looking forward to! And really need!

No comments:

Post a Comment