Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Weekend update

After spending all last week with a severe cold, I ventured out Friday night to the Cystic Fibrosis Wine Opener with my sisters! This is the 4th of 5th year I have been and I am always amazed at the generosity of everyone! It is crazy the amount of money they can raise with one event to support such an great cause.
Saturday we actually left the house, as a family for the first time in over a week! Completely unlike us, but with Steve not feeling good for a couple days and me fighting thru my cold and working....home on the couch is where we spent all last week. I feel bad for Presley since we didn't take her to waterbabies on Wednesday....so Saturday afternoon we went to the mall and out to dinner. Presley has (knock on wood) been pretty good lately when taking her to places and having to get into her carseat..maybe she has realized that there is no getting around it?!


Sunday we had our weekly Packer party at my parents house (our 8-0 Packers!), Steve worked on installing another window in house (our slow process of replacing all 17 windows). Only 10 more to go....which can wait until spring.


I'm not a very innovative or creative person. If anyone has been in my kitchen you have probably noticed the cobwebby walls/ceilings (or maybe not, but I hate it). Our walls are very finely textured so when trying to dust or swiffer any cobwebs off, it always ends up leaving pieces of towel on my walls and it looks dirty and disgusting...it's been bothering me for years!!! I finally had a brilliant idea, which is probably dumb to most people....but I took my lint roller and rolled it over all my kitchen walls and got all the cobwebs off! Seriously people, I was up on a stool......lint rolling my walls. It was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment