Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday Fun Day

I actually had today off ! I have 2 days of PTO that I have use before the end of the year or I lose them and I'm carrying over 5 days into next year! I've always been the person who is trying to make it until December on my last 8 hours so it's very nice having extra PTO days especially since I already know of 3 weeks of vacation I need next year!
So Presley and I hung out in the morning and then my mom was nice enough to let P take her nap there while I did some running around. It's amazing how much I can get done in 2 hours by myself. Loved it!

There was a brief moment of talk of Boston not being with our family on Christmas b/c his dad wants to take him to spend the holiday with his family. That talk was put quickly to rest and not b/c we are being selfish in wanting Boston there with us but b/c some fathers want to be with their kids when it is convenient for them and are unwilling to help in any other way. Just b/c you donate sperm, doesn't mean you are a father.
Of course, my family is appaulded in thinking that there could ever be a holiday where someone isn't there. It just doesn't happen with us. It's been the 5 of us, we are always there...there is no option or thought of missing a holiday. We don't come from a divorced or remarried family where you have multiple holiday celebrations....it's always just been the 5 of us. We are close, we want to pass that down with our growing families. Plus it would break my heart to think that Presley wouldn't have Boston there on holidays...they adore each other as brother and sister would!

- Somehow Holly convinced Presley that she is pretty too. I said the Little Mermaid was pretty and Presley said "No, Pa and Holly pretty"! So at least Pa isn't the only pretty one anymore! :)
- P now likes Strawberry Shortcake b/c pink is her favorite color.
- She will only wear her green pajama shirt to bed b/c daddy wears a green shirt to bed. And she is no longer interested in wearing onesie/footsie pjs! Those are my favorite kind so this is hard for me to accept.
- It's 9:30, Steve is sleeping and Presley is still in her bed talking...after an hour of being in there with the lights out.
- We've realized that Presley does get out of her bed (she doesn't leave her room....yet, knock on wood!!). I noticed when I got her up this morning there was a book and toy in her bed....that weren't with her when she went to bed last night! Sneaky little thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment