Sunday, November 6, 2011

Conversations with a two-year old

After reading Presley some books while putting her down for bed:
Steve: It's time for bed, daddy is going to leave now.
P : No! I cry!
Steve: You don't have to cry.
P : I do!
Steve: Why do you have to cry?
P : cuz I miss you! (heart slightly breaks)


Me: Presley you are pretty!
P : Noooo (like being pretty is so silly!)
Me : Who is pretty then?
P : I don't know
Me : Are mommy and daddy pretty?
P : Nooo
Me : Is Grandma pretty?
P : Nooo
Me : Who is pretty?
P : Pa! (so now Grandpa is the only person in our family who is ever pretty!)


Steve reading Presley a book:
Steve : Let me see the book, please.
P : No, it's my sisters.
?!???
Steve : Who says that, Presley?
P : Fia (Sophia, her bff at Aprils daycare talking about her sister Georgia)


Presley after she put her baby down for a nap:
P : Mommy, you pick up baby.
Me: Why don't you pick her up?
P : She too heavy!
Me: Your baby is too heavy for you to pick her up?
P : Yah! She too little to walk.
(this is probably b/c I keep telling her that SHE is too heavy for me to carry all the time!)


Presley playing outside at Grandma's house with her baby laying face down in the driveway.
Me: Presley, did your baby fall?
P : Baby fall down, got owie, on her leg.
(this is probably b/c we had just talked about how Grandma's legs are healing from when she fell down the stairs!)

No comments:

Post a Comment