Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ran, ran, random

- We bought Presley a big girl bed! We should get it in the next week or two, but now we need to find bedding for it! It is hard to find bedding that isn't too young or too old! As I've said before, no offense Disney princesses, but Presley just isn't that into you!
We'll see how the transition from crib to bed goes, but she did good in Spirit Lake when she napped in our bed and today at daycare she took a nap in a bed too. Bed time might be rough but we have a baby gate that might help keep her contained! (pictures of her room, will follow in the coming weeks!)
- We are still in the process of finishing our basement. We haven't really done much since March, but over the last couple weeks we've been working on the last couple things. We have Lowes coming out to measure for carpet soon and by football season we might have a room Steve can hibernate in every weekend thru December! (pictures will follow soon also)
- Of course, Steve says he can't watch football on our crappy old TV's, yeah well he might have to suffer for a while. We have our old, big 42 inch, a 25 inch and a 13 inch TV all sitting in our basement not being used...there is no need for another TV! (anyone want to buy a cheap television?) Plus, we have P's bedroom, new windows and Dominican Republic trip that need to be paid for first! :) Oh yeah and a fridge that is conveniently leaking water all over the inside.
- When we were at Walmart in Spirit Lake somehow we mentioned to the cashier that we were from Des Moines. And she casually stated that being in Okoboji was better than being in Des Moines, we agreed b/c Hello! We are on vacation, so of course it is better! Then she stated b/c Des Moines has a lot of crime?! Come again? I didn't really know what to say to that, is that really what other people from different towns in Iowa think of Des Moines? So Steve stated "Well, not the part of town we are from!" I think maybe that girl needs to get out more often.
- Steve's next job at work is remodeling the morgue at Broadlawns hospital. Interesting!
- There is a lot of talk about the debt ceiling. I'm not sure what this is or how we fix it. I know alot of people blame Obama, but I'm not really sure we can pin all this on him but I really don't know anything about politics. I did vote for Mitt Romney in the phone survey that I rec'd the other day, I think he is republican so my mom probably likes him. Steve thinks he has a cool name, but I pick my race horses at Prairie Meadows by how much I like their names and I'm not sure I should be choosing my president and race horses with the same criteria! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment