Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Being a mom....

......is the most difficult thing I've ever had to do. I second guess everything I do with her, you never know what is going to impact her either positively or negatively. And everyone judges you, no matter what decision you make or how you handle every situation.

There seem to be so many mom's that have everything together, all of the time. They have 3 kids and still seem to be able to paint their kitchen and sew a quilt during nap time. I don't think I ever have that much control or organization in my life. Sometimes I envy stay-at-home mom's for wanting to stay home and having the patience to do so but when I really think about it, I don't want to be a stay at home mom! I don't have the patience, I like getting away, I like to be able to go to work and talk to people (even if all we talk about is how much we hate work!). Sure I wish I could get more done at home during the week so we don't spend every Sunday going to the store and doing laundry but man, do I love picking up Presley from daycare and having her run to me with open arms for a hug! There is no better feeling than that!

My friend Shannon introduced me to a book that I just started reading that I am loving! "I WAS A REALLY GOOD MOM, BEFORE I HAD KIDS".....one of my favorite quotes from the book is "I love being a mom, I just don't like doing it!". It talks about how a lot of mom's pretend they are completely happy and have everything in order, but most of the time it's just a front they put on to make it appear they are 'good moms'!
The very first chapter asks "Does this sound like you?"

- You feel guilty that you like going to work so much
- You consider a trip to the dentist your special 'alone time'
- Reading before bed feels like a luxury
- You find that slowly browing the aisles at Target, by yourself, is better than therapy.

YES! Of course, most of it is all common sense stuff but they it makes me feel like they wrote this book for me!
I am lucky enough to have a husband who will do anything for me and P. If I have to work late, he is perfectly capable (and willing) to take her to the mall or a park, feed her dinner, give her a bath and put her to bed! I don't know what I would do without him. When I'm losing my patience with Presley, he reminds me that she is only 2 and that she doesn't know any better (which I don't always agree with)...and he tries to NOT lose his patience with me! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment