Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dis and Dat

- P and I had waffles with peanut butter and syrup for dinner last night. We sat at the big table and had a quick 10 minute supper. It was nice. She is a mama's girl! She likes to test my patience. I need to appreciate the time that she does want to be with me b/c I can guarantee that it won't last long.
- So they are putting speed cameras on the interstate, some people think it's just a scam for the city to make money. You know what I think? Go for it! If the city can make some money by fining people for 'breaking the law', I think that's a good idea. If the money doesn't come from my pocket, I agree with the cameras!
- Her big girl bed is on back order for 4 more weeks but the carpet for the basement is being installed on Wednesday! So I might have pics next week of that!
- I am super duper excited for Parenthood and The Sing Off to start this fall. The last thing I want or need is an excuse to watch more TV, but I've got the DVR programmed for these two shows!
- P is so funny!! I told her it was night night time...and she says in her sweet, innocent voice "I cry! I say momma, momma!". She warns us when she is planning on crying. Lovely.
I asked her if she was going to be good at grandma's today and she says 'ya, ga buy more pan-pans' (or what she means....yeah, grandma bought more pancakes). And the first thing she says to my mom when we walk in the door "Buy more pan-pans?" (aka, Did you buy more pancakes?) This girl is overly obsessed with pancakes!
- I don't like seeing commercials for places we don't have in DSM. No Dave and Busters, no H&M...are they just teasing us?
- One of my pet peeves - leaving the shower curtain open after a shower. Shut it! No one needs to see the tub!
- I love a good neck and back cracking.
- My grandma's birthday is today, it makes me sad! :( I drank a beer for her, I know she is happy knowing that we are all thinking about her today. We love you Grandma Dorothy and miss you very much! Have a brandy manhattan and dance the night away!

No comments:

Post a Comment