Saturday, November 6, 2010

Holiday favorites!

I love the holidays! I hate winter but I love October thru December b/c of the holidays! I never liked the holidays until a couple years ago. I always worked retail and it's very hard to enjoy the holidays when you have to work during then and deal with people who don't have the holiday spirit!
Thanksgiving is coming up in a couple weeks and my mom no longer wants to host this family gathering. I don't blame her, she has done it for too many years and the family is growing and it is a lot of work preparing a large meal. The problem is, our house just isn't big enough for everyone and it won't seem 'right' NOT being at my parents house....the house we grew up in! I'm trying to convince my mom to still have it at her house and she only has to be responsible for the turkey! The rest of us can bring all the sides and desserts, I think that is a pretty reasonable compromise! :)

Josh Grobans' Christmas CD is one that everyone should listen to, AMAZING!

Christmas has to be at my parents house too. It's just the way it has been and always will be, we are obviously creatures of habit! The one Christmas my parents went to Texas to be with my grandparents, it didn't seem like Christmas at all. Holly came over and Steve made his famous chicken mac & cheese and we watched A Christmas Story. I think we are banning my parents from going anywhere over Christmas ever again!
Santa already has a present for Presley! We are really going to have to limit what we spend b/c there are so many things we want to buy for her!....I guess she does have a birthday in February that we need to buy things for too! I just might have to get out the Christmas tree next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment