Wednesday, November 3, 2010

FYI....if anyone cares.

- Presley is going to Aprils for daycare 2 days a week now. Kind of sad for my mom and Presley to give up another day together, but I think it is good. Good for Presley to get used to being without Grandma and being around other kids more often. Plus Grandma is now watching Boston and this will give them more one on one bonding time together! We are lucky to have two great daycare options, who are flexible and wonderful for Presley!

- Everyone we know who has a kid around Presley's age is pregnant with their 2nd baby. We just aren't ready to jump on that bandwagon yet. I think all families/parents have a good idea of what is 'right' for their family when it comes to when to have kids and how many to have. Presley was a difficult baby and we haven't fully 'recovered'! :) We love being able to take Presley places and do things with her. It will be hard to give that up (assuming the next will be difficult also and we won't want to leave the house with a baby for 6 months). Having a baby is stressful and expensive and we'll go ahead and enjoy our little family for a while before we decide to cross that bridge.

- We are doing the Biggest Loser weight loss challenge at work. There are 20 of us, $20 a person to enter and $1 for every pound you gain on weigh in days! I like that concept, hopefully it will keep me from gaining weight over the holidays! I still have that last 5 pounds (of baby weight?) to lose and I want to get in better shape and start running again. I don't think I'll win the challenge but I'm keeping track of what I'm eating and moving a little more (watch out Anytime Fitness, I just might use my membership!).
I have noticed that if you are trying to lose weight, you shouldn't watch TV. Last night I saw a commercial for Dove chocolates, Olive Garden and Dominos.....it's just torture! I might have to have a cheat meal (day) coming up soon, so I have something to look forward to.

- I didn't vote, I know a lot of people who did and who feel very strongly about their voting rights. My excuse? I just don't know that much about politics...and I really don't care. It seems no matter who is in office, people aren't happy or they are disappointed with the choices that our leaders make. Maybe next time I'll educate myself and vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment