Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans Day!

Thank you to all those veterans who are serving or have served our country! Freedom is not free and we are truly grateful!

We weighed in yesterday for the first week in our work 'biggest loser' contest. My goal over the next 2 months was to lose 5 pounds....I lost 5 pounds in the first week! (of course this weigh in I didn't have jeans or shoes on!) I was #6 percentage weighloss this week out of 18 people, I was pleasantly surprised. Now my goal is to maintain this weight, if I lose a few more pounds that would be a plus but I want to NOT gain weight over the holidays and I would love to start running again!

I had today off! Presley and I went to the mall and did some shopping and played at the play area and then I took her to Aprils for a couple hours in the afternoon. I got the leaves from the backyard bagged up and had a dentist appointment. I always feel slightly guilty taking her to daycare when I have the day off, but really I just missed her nap time so that's not too bad! :) I just feel that I hardly see her and spend good quality time with her so those extra days I should be thankful for b/c we all know how fast time flies by!

One of the houses behind us was painted John Deere green a couple years ago. Well, whatever happened and the home went into foreclosure and was recently purchased and fixed up. Those new people race pigeons! A couple times a week you'll see them in their backyard with the birds flying over head, you can hear them cooing in their....cage?barn? I'm used to people having pet dogs.....but pigeons? No wonder their neighbors put up a wood fence between their yards!

No comments:

Post a Comment