Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Trick or TREAT?

I so decided to treat myself to a hair cut. I've been going to the same stylist for years and just needed something different. My hair was too big on bottom and too flat on top, basically the same 'style' for the last 10 years. I decided to pay the price for a hair style. I wasn't sure if it was worth it but I was willing to try.

Here are some of the things I learned on this venture out of my comfort zone.
1) When I called they only appt they had open was for their 'upper level consultant'. They have levels? So if I want a cheap, not-so-good hair cut I could pay $90, and 'upper level consultant' starts out at $132. Lovely. Oh yeah, and if you need additional highlight mix, that will be extra. Have you seen my hair? I need extra.
2) They offer you wine while you wait and get 'styled', another sign this bill is going to be damaging. Might have to break out that credit card.
3) The upper level consultant, actually knew what she was talking about. She was nice, she taught me things I never knew about my hair! (No offense to anyone who has cut my hair in the past!)
4) She said I had one of the thickest heads of hair she has seen in a long time. She said she would make a note in my file to allow extra time the next time I come back. When I called to make my appt I told them I had thick hair, obviously I didn't stress this enough.
5) Normally I don't have them dry and style my hair b/c I don't want to see how good my hair CAN look, and how I'll never be able to do it myself. I thought if I'm paying for it, I want to see if it is really worth it.
6) I really do like it! Steve does too! (and it wasn't $200) Now I just have to try to do it myself. I might have to get up an hour earlier to straighten it one strand at a time.

1 comment:

  1. This post is oh so wrong. You're evil...how dare you lead me on and then not post a picture of your beautiful self and your new haircut! Meanie! ;)

    ReplyDelete