Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Hmmm.....

Got a call yesterday from my banks fraud department questioning some of my credit card activity. Two charges, $139 and $103 were declined at some online electronic stores. Great. She asked me if there was anyone else who had access to my card. I said 'my husband, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have charged these' (I'm about 97% sure that Steve wouldn't spend over $100 without mentioning it to me!). She finally cancelled my credit card and is issuing me another one. It makes me so nervous that someone out there got my credit card information somehow! It's a card that is rarely used so my guess is that someone hacked online to get this information and then didn't have that little 3 digit number on the back! Thank goodness my bank is on top of abnormal activity to accounts and they made the process nice and easy!

We are refinancing our mortgage. Interest rates are so low right now and we'll be saving about $100 a month so why not? When Steve and I bought this house Steve didn't have the best credit in the world with a nice, low fico score of 615. When we bought our car 2 years ago, his credit score was higher than mine! Most of our credit was in my name since I had better credit history. So we just got our credit scores from our refinance, 2 of them are exactly the same as each other and Steve's third fico is 3 points higher than mine! He should thank me for getting his credit back on track. And I'll brag....our median fico score...805! No wonder credit card theives want our information! :)

I never know what information is too private or if anyone cares or if the wrong person is out there reading this. I try not to mention first and last names of people, and if I'm not sure someone wants me posting their picture on this blog then I just don't do it. If any of my friends or family are offended or doesn't feel comfortable with names or pictures on here, let me know and I'll edit or delete my post!

1 comment:

  1. Please do not mention my name anymore. You are embarrassing already and I'm not even 2 - what will it be like when I'm a teenager??

    Presley Grace

    ReplyDelete