Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Little o'dis, little o'dat

  • I opened up a savings account for Presley. I was looking into the 529 college savings accounts and just didn't know if that was the route I wanted to take. So she now has $25 in savings (not to mention the coins she's hoarding in her piggy bank!). I figured kids get so many presents and toys that they play with for 1 week and then forget about, this would be a way for people to contribute for the long term.
  • Cars suck. We spent $1000 on my car in July (brakes, oil change and my air bag light was on, which cost $400 to fix!), now the service engine soon light is on. Lovely.
    Steve's DVD player wasn't working, we got that fixed under warranty but then the battery died. They refused to fix it (even though it was working perfectly fine before we took it there). Now the air doesn't come out of the vents, the air works but it will only come out down by the feet and thru the defrost vents. Fantastic.
  • Some people have the worst luck, I'm wishing good luck their way and hopefully a change in the winds to send good, happy vibes into their house and family!
  • I love Halloween! LOVE IT! I want to go to Target and spend hundreds of dollars on decorations and spook out our house! Now if I could just convince Steve to have a Halloween party in our dark, dingy basement.
  • A lot of people watch The Office. I just can't get into it.
  • I think we are the only people that have DVR that rarely use it. Occasionally we'll record things, but then I never watch it or I just watch the show the next week and get caught up on what happened. It is nice to fast forward threw commercials but honestly I look forward to commercials so I can get up and change laundry, quickly load the dishwasher or go to the bathroom. Still wondering if that extra $10 a month is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment