Saturday, March 27, 2010

Shout out to Lyndsi!

We had our monthly girls night last night at El Rodeo. We had a great turn out, with about 16 girls! It is always so fun to talk and laugh while we eat and drink! Lyndsi is one of those girls. I met Lyndsi about 5 (?) years ago, her then-boyfriend is friends with Steve. We love Lyndsi! She is hysterical and beautiful and I'm so glad we've remained friends over the years!

Today I took Presley over to see our friends Colleen, Chris and Bridget. Bridget is 3 years old and Presley just watched her for the first 20 minutes. She loves watching the older kids move, play and talk. We came home and I put Presley down for a nap (which of course she didn't take, she stayed in there for 2 hours talking, playing.....) so I didn't get the nap I wanted! Steve spent all day building new steps outside our side door and they look great! I think he was a little irritated that I was just sitting inside trying to sleep, but you know what?? It's my weekend and I'll relax and nap if I want to!

One of my fellow bloggers pasted away this morning! I've been following her blog for about 6 months (65redroses) and she has been suffering from Cystic Fibrosis. Everyone who knows me should know that my family supports and contributes to CF. Eva was fighting her battle with such a positive attitude and enjoying every minute of life she had left. She was so inspiring and my thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

Tanning (weird change of subject, huh?) might be getting taxed! I'll all for all rules and regulations against tanning. Though I don't think it will stop people from tanning, b/c I do believe that tanning can be addictive (been there, done that!).
There was an article in Glamour magazine about the dangers of tanning and I'm including 2 of the comments about the article in this blog, in hopes to pass along my message to at least 1 other person!
To all the women out there who wnat to continue using tanning beds to feel good. Please stop! An amazing friend of mine died at 26 from melanoma. In her honor, I will echo the important message she passed on to others before she died: Tanning beds aren't safe! Protect and take care of your skin!

I'm 23 years old and was diagnosed with stage III melanoma. I used tanning beds a lot as a teenager. I knew the risks, but I had "it can't happen to me" syndrome. The cancer was removed after three surgeries. If just one person reconsiders tanning because of your article, it will be a success. You don't need to be tan to be beautiful! Take it from me, it's not worth the risk.

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree about the tanning Jess! I used to tan until about right before I got married and then decided it was too dangerous. I used a spray tan at my wedding and it looked great! The pics of Presley are so cute..her hair is getting so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the news about Eva. I don't frequent her blog as often as I do my friends' blogs because it's just too difficult, but I'm glad to know she's at physical peace now.

    Thank you for always supporting the CF cause. It means more than you could possibly know.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete