Thursday, March 4, 2010

I did it!

So I've been working out for about a month, 3-4 times a week. So of course, when I got on the scale today and saw that I gained 2 pounds I was a little irritated and discouraged! That's the hard part about exercising and trying to lose weight, if you don't see results it makes it harder to continue and think it is worth it! UGH!
I got on the treadmill ran 1 mile, walked about 1/2 mile (about 20 minutes total, since this is my lunch break!) I've ran 1 mile twice this week, I literally have to talk myself into it. I have a conversation in my head,

"I'll just run a 1/2 mile today" then when I get to a 1/2 mile,
"Ok, if you can just get to 3/4 a mile then you can stop" then when I get to 3/4 mile,
"Ok, get to 1 mile. You can run a mile, you just did it 3 days ago. Those people on the Biggest Loser can run 1 mile, geez Jessica you are a wimp if you don't run 1 mile when you are already at 3/4 mile!"...............and finally I hit that mile. It felt good, as I huff and puff like I just finished a marathon. I ran the 5k Dam to Dam 3 years ago, maybe I can do that again this year!

So on my way home from working out I drive by McDonalds and I have a weakness for the shamrock shakes! I pulled into the parking lot,
"Jessica, you were just pissed off becase of the weight on the scale! Why would you get a freakin shake right now? Turn the car around, just turn the car around!"
...............and I did! I did a u-turn and left McDonalds!

But damn, I still want that shake!

No comments:

Post a Comment