Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Weekend Update

Saturday we didn't do much, it was chilly and cloudy and I just don't like moving off the couch when it is gloomy! I need sun! Finally the weather got slightly better and I was able to go for a run before getting ready for the day.We did have Brittany come over at 5 to watch the girls, Steve and I headed out to The Hall for dinner and drinks before the Jason Aldean concert. We really like The Hall a lot!
We saw Lauren Alaina open for the concert, a previous American Idol contestant, so I was thrilled! 
Then Luke Combs played...he was really good, we were impressed with him!


Then Jason Aldean! He was good, I'm not sure we need to see him again though. I think we were thrown off b/c we didn't have REALLY good tickets like we are used to! We are kinda concert snobs now, which is an expensive hobby to have. And now our girls want to go to concerts too! YIKES!


Sunday was Mother's Day! We slept in, Steve smoked some ribs and brisket, I laid on the couch and did very little! :) The girls played and fought, I tried to nap. It rained like crazy and then Steve washed the windows inside and out! IT IS AMAZING! Best gift ever! :)
Well, this was a pretty good present too...Presley worked so hard on these drawings and coloring them and hiding the paper from me before Mother's Day. She is so creative and I love that she can draw.
Once the weather cleared up Steve ran to the store and took Piper went with him b/c we have to keep them apart or they just fight, fight, fight. Presley went outside and was looking for worms...this girl loves worms!?
When Steve and Piper got home she wanted to go for a bike ride...so I actually made myself presentable about 3 pm and we went around the neighborhood....leaving Presley with Steve b/c it's better that way!
We had an awesome dinner, the girls had baths and we had a good mothers day evening!

Monday my sisters and I got together and took my mom out for dinner for Mother's Day. She wanted time with just us girls which I think is awesome b/c it doesn't happen enough! It was so fun and there were so many laughs! My mom does deserve the best b/c she does so much for us and the grandkids. There is no way we can ever pay her back for everything she has done for us. She gives so much and probably needs to learn to say 'no' more often :)
After dinner we decided to stop by the Carney Tap to have a drink and see neighbor Kyle who works there on Mondays!


No comments:

Post a Comment