Friday, May 25, 2018

Run Presley Run

So as you may know, Presley has been doing Girls On the Run.... I really like it and the meaning behind it and I hope she continues with it.....but we'll see. For the last 10 weeks they have been running  training/walking for their final 5k. Presley didn't seem to be as into the running as I was hoping she would be. I had been running. Like really, actually running so I was worried that she wouldn't be as 'in to it' as I wanted her to be. On Tuesday they had a practice 5K....they ran from their school up to 86th St and back.
I picked up Piper from school and then knowing that Presley was going to be running down 62nd St.... I rolled down my window and yelled at her at we drove by! 'Run Presley Run!' Then we turned around and headed back to the school, with Piper on the same side of the street where they were running. I told Piper it was her turn to yell at Presley and she said "No! That is embarrassing!". So naturally I rolled down the passenger window and yelled at her as we passed again! :) #mostembarrassingmomever
We parked and went to cheer her on with the rest of the group. It was really cool to see all the girls cheering each other on when they finished!
 The girls.... Presley, Quinnlyn, Leah and Evelyn
 Piper had to get in on the action too!
Steve had some things he needed to get done so after the practice 5K we went to Presley's gymnastics. Piper was very good and very patient, for it being 1.5 hours. I took her Ipad and she was happy. I love watching Presley and now that summer is almost here a lot of the girls are at soccer so there are less people there and I can actually watch her.

Wednesday I went and picked up my running # and then picked up Presley from school while Steve took Piper to gymnastics. NW Beaver is under construction and it took us 35 minutes to get 5 miles to our house. So DUMB!!!!!
Thursday was our big day....too many things going on and too many things I need to be prepared for before 7 AM in the morning b/c I knew I couldn't go home after work....no way I would have enough time before our run that started 6:30.
I left work at 4, picked up Presley at 4:30...ran by Sonic to get some food.
Presley didn't like her food.
She needed to eat.
We stopped at Burger King for another option for dinner at 5:00.
She ate the fries.....nothing else.
It took us forever to get from the BK on Hickman and MLK to Waterworks Park......almost 45 minutes. We got there with just enough time to go potty.
They had temporary tattoos and hair fun and photo booths.....Presley had purple spray in her hair and we waited for our time to run.
Evelyn, Presley, Quinnlyn and Lean


She struggled. I knew she probably would. She got a side ache and it is really hard to run with a side ache. We walked/ran the full 3.1 miles. I wish we could've done better b/c I had actually 'trained' for this, but I knew in the end they just promoted the girls to do the best they could. "It is not a race"
They girl turned on her competiveness once she saw the finish line! I was happy that she pushed thru!
 Two of her Coaches Miss Megan and Miss Erin (her 2nd grade teacher)
I was very proud of her for completing this. I was hard for all of us. There was a lot of support from fellow classmates and family there cheering on and supporting everyone. I hope she does it next year, but I am not so sure she wants to work that hard! HA! Either way.......we did it!  It might have taken us 42 minutes but we did it! Good job Presley Grace! We are so proud of you, trying something new and different! XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment