Monday, May 7, 2018

Another week in review

We had another 'normal' week for us outside of work. We were going to stop by my parents house on Thursday night to start setting up for the garage sale but we had so much stuff that we had to have stuff in the driveway to really organize and the weather was not going to cooperate so we just headed home and decided to have a garage sale organizing party on Friday night! :) Good thing we did head home, since as Steve was finishing grilling our dinner the tornado sirens went off....over and over again. The down pour of rain, the wind.....we had dinner in the basement which worked out since we had to finish our packing of garage sale stuff to take to my parents.

We had taken many loads of stuff to their house over the last week....including 18 totes of kids clothes, mainly sizes newborn to 5T! And I have given many clothes away in the past too! We decided to join my parents sale b/c they have a lot more traffic on their street than we would in our neighborhood.

Friday we planned on going to my parents house and all just getting after organizing, tagging everything. We ordered pizza, did some talking, the kids did some playing...it really didn't take TOO long. Then we headed to our friend Paul and Kristin's house for an hour. They were having a Cuatro de Mayo party :) and their house was on our way home so it worked out! We would've stayed longer but knowing we had to be at my parents house about 7 Saturday morning to start hauling stuff out of the garage (which is in the back of their house) to the front driveway, we knew we needed to get to bed at a good time since NONE of us are morning people!

We got up nice and early Saturday and headed to my parents for a perfect day to sit outside at a garage sale! The morning was slow, but I think we did pretty good for 7 hrs at a garage sale. We still have a shit ton of girls clothes left so we'll have to figure out what to do with all that.
I left about 2:30 to take Presley to a birthday party at Get Air then headed back to help clean up. We had about an hour before we could pick her up so we stopped by Taco Hangover (which we don't like but decided to give it a 2nd chance). They have a new location out on 86th St and a great patio, especially for Cinco de Mayo....however I wasn't feeling the best and this time, Taco Hangover is still not a place we like and we will probably never go there again.
We picked Presley up and headed home. I did NOT feel good so I went straight to bed. I woke up about 7 and still wasn't 'right'. Steve and Presley went on a bike ride and Piper was tired so she hung out in bed with me until bedtime.

Sunday I woke up and felt better, not 100% but so much better. We had no plans and the weather was perfect so it was nice! Steve mowed the yard, we did a family bike ride (I walked with Piper b/c she is slow on a bike), the girls played by the shed and I read my book, we went to my parents and got a load of stuff to bring home. The girls WOULD NOT STOP fighting with each other so we separated them in the cars on the drive. Steve went to the grocery store and took Piper with him b/c I didn't want them near each other! While they were gone, Presley and I took a bike ride around the neighborhood and worked on her google docs presentation of me :) (more on that later!).
We did a very early dinner on the patio at El Mariachi....we were going to get ice cream on the way home but they started fighting again and didn't eat much so we passed on that fun. We got home and went on another bike ride (me walking behind Piper on her bike again)! Some neighbors came over for a bit, the girls showered and we got ready for our week!
Steve is working evenings/nights this week so that is fun for me to do the dinner/gymnastics/bedtime thing, but I'm sure it will be fine.

I feel like I was very wordy with this post! But I've been slacking on posting lately and I've been slacking on picture taking....I need to get my act together!

No comments:

Post a Comment