Monday, May 21, 2018

Busy Busy

Steve worked some more evening last week, which was fine. Tuesday I picked up Piper and then picked up Presley from Girls on the Run....they were having their Laps for Kyla fundraiser, selling lemonade and raising money for a 5th grader in their school....and Presley actually made the paper! https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/local/community/2018/05/18/johnston-iowa-wallace-elementary-kyla-tome-girls-run-childhood-cancer/622949002/

I took them to McD's before Presley's gymnastics class and Steve was able to meet us there to take Piper home so she didn't have to sit thru 1.5 hrs of P's class. And then I got a trip to Target by myself while she was in class! Woohoo!

Wednesday I picked Piper up from school and was able to a picture of Piper and her BFF Paige, it's a little sad that they will be going to different schools next year!
Miss Piper had some time to climb the rope in class, she did pretty good for never having tried before!
Thursday night we went to El Mariachi, because I wanted to. I did promise them ice cream if they were good and ate. We sat on the patio and enjoyed dinner and then headed to Van Dee's!
Friday was so slow at work and so nice outside....it is so hard for me to work. I snuck out an hour early and met Jerry and Holly at High Life for beer to celebrate Jerry's birthday, then I picked up the girls and then we headed to Latitude 41 to watch our friend Baird's band, Oreo Meatwagon play. It was perfect weather, we got a table, we met some new friends and we headed home before 8 b/c we knew we had a busy weekend.
We got up Saturday morning to head to the CF walk at the Altoona outlet mall! We had a smaller group this year b/c Andrea is actually in New Zealand! It was still a good overall turn out and a nice change of venues!
Since we were in Altoona we decided to hit up Adventureland for a couple hours. It was so nice b/c there were no lines! We did a quick 2 hours and then headed home!

 Piper and Steve are sitting on the chair behind us!
 On the ferris wheel

We did happen to swing by Van Dee's for ice cream, again! We ordered and then they asked if the girls would take a picture for the ice cream flavor of the week to put on their FB page. Of course, they said yes to free orange ice cream cones (which were really good!). So they had double ice cream treats and were pumped!
Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing
We went home for a couple hours, Steve and I both laid down to nap, both girls went and played and the we got ready to head to Creston for Cari's 40th birthday party! It was really fun to see everyone and their house is awesome. The kids all played SO good. Presley, Sadie and Grace all played and ran from all the boys (there were SO many boys, which we aren't used to!) and Piper and Claire hung out and played beanbags and spun in circles and were just goofy together.

 I can't imagine what this conversation was about!
We got home late and everyone went straight to bed. And Sunday morning...Piper was up at 7:45 b/c she had wet her bed (we are trying really hard to get her dry at night time, but when we sleep in late, I just can't blame her! HA! She went to the couch and got on her ipad....I went back to bed until 10! I rarely sleep that late and I just couldn't get up! The girls finally came in about 10:30 and we slowly got out of bed, mainly b/c the girls had a birthday party to go to at noon!
Steve took the girls to Sadie's 9th birthday party at Climb Iowa and I did my run. It was a struggle but the weather was cool and perfect. I think I'm almost ready for the 5k that Presley and I will be doing on Thursday, I'm not sure she is that ready for it!
They both loved Climb Iowa. Presley is not scared and is a little monkey.

This was Piper's first time, she was excited but a little nervous, she ended up doing great and really wants to go back again!



While they were gone I was able to get a lot done around the house, which was needed! They got home about 2:30 and then had to leave about 3:30 for Presley to go to a birthday party at the Animal Rescue League. Steve took her to that and Piper and I went to my cousin's daughters high school graduation party in Valley Junction. We hung out for a bit and then left to go pick up Presley from her birthday party!
They each got their face painted and got to 'adopt' an animal. Presley adopted a dog named Scott!
An overall busy, busy weekend but it was good! We've had some pretty laid back weekends recently and Steve should be done working evenings :) Presley and I have our 5k this week and Piper has her preschool graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment